New foam surrounds...where to find?

diddlybopper

Need to refoam the drivers on my infinity's Reference Three's and can't find the right size foam for the 5" drivers.Can someone point me in the right direction.

I used their kit for a pair of ref 4. They are not exactly the same size as the roll is a bit fatter but work just fine. I doubt you will find the exact size as the original at least I couldn't.

When looking for surrounds now and in the future, locate sellers who give the exact dimensions of the surrounds they are listing.
The most important measurement is the inside diameter as you don't want a surround that is too small or too large.
I figure any surround that overlaps the cone by a maximum of 1/4" to be acceptable, an 1/8" pushing it, for instance.

Rick Cobb

I think he is "Looneytunes" on Ebay. I'll PM the OP his email address.

If he can't get the correct surrounds, or ones that will be suitable, they probably aren't available. He is very knowledgeable.

Example, the exact surrounds for the 10" clear poly-cone woofers in the RS series aren't available.

I think he is "Looneytunes" on Ebay. I'll PM the OP his email address.

If he can't get the correct surrounds, or ones that will be suitable, they probably aren't available. He is very knowledgeable.

Example, the exact surrounds for the 10" clear poly-cone woofers in the RS series aren't available.
Yes that's him. Not sure the 'exact' ones are available for any, unless it's part of an oem kit. I just finally received suitable surrounds from him for my Kappa 9 woofers after he twice sent the wrong ones. He sent the ones typically asked for which are wrong, twice. Kappa 9 needs flat inner lip surrounds, not angled. The cones have a flat shoulder, 1/4" wide. I had to send him an original brochure to show him. Everybody is gluing angled lips down past the shoulder on their K9 woofers. Simply Speakers advertises those too. Every other supplier also. Ridiculous. Not only that, but the grey angled ones including Rick's are very stiff, thick, and heavy. As it is, Rick rounded up ones that will work with flat lips which are nice and compliant and light but I'll have to stretch them ever so slightly first. I may have to do that a few times and let them stabilize for a few days first to make sure they don't try to shrink back. If they do once installed, it will cause the cone to bottom out in the vc gap. The surround will push it down. So clearly, proper ones for Kappas are also nla. At least Rick will make an effort to make it work.

Back
Top Bottom