New from Texas

PMS

Hi everyone, my name is Gary and I'm from Texas. I was into vintage audio gear when it wasn't vintage, but mostly just the store displays until 1978, when I had finally mowed enough lawns and other odd jobs to buy a Technics SA-400 receiver .Paired with a cheap set of floor speakers I "borrowed" from my sister's abandoned Zenith system. In the early 80's, I put a pair of Mach One's with it and rocked my way through the 80's and 90's. In the early 2000's it was stolen. Stayed away from home audio and focused on show cars and competition car audioaudio for the next 10 years.
Today, I bought a very nice example of a Marantz 2240. Recently serviced. New bulbs, adjusted, calibrated, cleaned and lubricated with new caps. Probably over paid for it, but cosmetically it is near flaeless and I am very excited about it.

Last edited:
Hi Gary! ... another Texan here, AND another Garry .. tipping my hat brim at'cha. Great story ... well except the part where you got your stuff stolen. But glad you found a nice Marantz 2240. Late brother had one and he sure was proud of it. Smiling thinking about the only piece of music I ever heard from that unit was something from Styx. That boy loved his Styx. Welcome, your gonna like this place Gary

Welcome from Washington state!
I was a bit before you back then but not far. I got back into thia a couple 3 years back and its a definite wake up what some stuff is going for. Any Marantz pieces are demanding stupid money these days so if your lucky enough to find a deal on one jump in it! I over paid for my 2238b...
Cheers!
"I started out with nothing and still have most of it left "

Back
Top Bottom