New from the Azores Islands

caniggia00

Dear members,

Just joined this awesome community, been here reading during the last weeks and this is an amazing place.

I was born in 1978 and grew up listening to my father's records. Got tired of "old" stuff and got my first digital stereo when I went to college, a Sony EX-66...

Years went by and... I got so bored of plastic music, MP3 and Spotify I decided it was time to go back to real music.

I'm trying to make my first project to return some soul to my house and to my life, and I believe analogic sound with the Revolver album playing will help me starting that.

To my notes I have a first list of equipment I need:

Thorens 160 TD
Pioneer SA-8100 (or 9100 if I get a decent price on that)

paired with a JBL L96 (not really sure on this, I'm searching for a warmer sound).

So... thank you all for the inspiration!

Pedro

Welcome to the realm of AK.

Great intro by the way, eh?:thumbsup:

Like you, have been going back in musical history to "dig up" what was available in the 20's to the 50's, and finding a huge trove of material to hold up and examine to enjoy.

The Big Band era, some of old Folk and the Jazz/Blues genres have super material to listen to and appreciate, paving the way for some of the later greats to imitate, then building on with their own works.

And that's what this whole site is about...INSPIRATION!

Q

Last edited:
Wow, I have now realized my first post, was from 2017... big quest since today.

I have finally started my long awaited project, I've put together a Pioneer SA-7100, a Technics SL-1500 and a JBL L26 Decade. The turntable is still on the post, arriving from France to the Azores, but I hope everything will go fine.

Any suggestions on the stylus I can fit on the headshell? ($100 top budget)

Regards to you all, thanks you for all the inspiration on the posts. :)

Back
Top Bottom