New Guy And My Setup

8trackmind

Here is my setup, it's not impressive by any means, but its all I can afford right now. Maybe one day I'll get a preamp for my turntable.

IMG_5941.jpg

IMG_5943.jpg

I think that the Audio Research AV cables that connect my tape deck to my amp are worth more than my whole system!:lmao:

So here's a list of my stuff.

Right side speaker-AR 48B (from my grandma)
Left side speaker-AR 48S (from my parents)
Pioneer H-22 8 track deck
Phillips FP140 turntable
Hitachi SR-3200 amplifier/tuner
Sony TC-WR570 tape deck
Sony TC-K570 tape deck
Sony TC-FX110 tape deck
GenEXXA CD-6120 cd player

It's mostly bottom end stuff, but it does the job.

Never feel bad about your gear. If you enjoy the music it makes, that is all that matters.

Oh, and welcome to AK.

Welcome, it's all about the music!! We all start somewhere and, it looks like you're on the right path.

Welcome to AK, and thanks for sharing the pictures. I bet your system provides you with great listening moments!

Looks good! Sony was making some nice tape decks in that era. Do you have any 8-tracks that you still play?

Nice Setup, Though I'd probably move those speakers to the floor.....Hate to see one of those fall and take your TT with it...Welcome!

Thanks for the compliments everyone!

Looks good! Sony was making some nice tape decks in that era. Do you have any 8-tracks that you still play?
Yes, I have a small collection, maybe about 15, and I listen to them all. Because of their tendency to break I've been forced to learn 8 track repair.

Nice Setup, Though I'd probably move those speakers to the floor.....Hate to see one of those fall and take your TT with it...Welcome!
Thanks for the advice! That's a good point, I hadn't even thought about that before.

Looks good :) Do you have your turntable hooked up to the Hitachi?
Yes it is. Everything in that picture is hooked up to the Hitachi.

Thanks again,
Liam

Wasn't there a documentary film called "Eight Track Mind?" Anyway, if you enjoy your system...that is the bottom line. Welcome to Audiokarma!

Wasn't there a documentary film called "Eight Track Mind?" Anyway, if you enjoy your system...that is the bottom line. Welcome to Audiokarma!

Yes and before that it was a zine published by Russ Forster. Russ taught me how to repair 8 tracks over 15 years ago!

Great username. Is the phone preamp in your Hitachi not functional or just the first stop on your upgrade path?

Looks good, Don't fall prey to gear envy like me. A month ago I didn't have much, started reading these pages, now I got a bunch of junk. "And loving it."

Remember Don Adams? That was one of his sayings when he played Maxwell Smart. Another one was "Missed it by that much."

Back
Top Bottom