New guy from Utah

uteman1011

Hi All,
I'm a frequent browser of this great forum. Have been here many times to research and finally decided to create an account. I have 2 brothers who are pretty heavy into systems and I've always been a distant admirer.

Today I found a really nice vintage Harman Kardon A300 AMP in really good working condition as well as a pair of KEF K120 speakers. I'll most-likely sell the HK as I'm just not sophisticated enough for that! :)

Looking forward to spending some more time on these forums!

Hello and Welcome to Audiokarma! :)

I wish I had a harman kardon A300. They have always been extremely rare in the fatherland... and expensive...;)

Welcome! For small talk's sake, are people from Utah called "Utah'ns"? "Utites" ?

The low-hanging fruit answer in a comedic sense would probably be "Mormons", but... ummm, yeah, Welcome to AK!

Utahns.

Is the correct answer. Mormons is slang and not really appreciated by the members of that faith. (I am not a member but know many living here in Utah). At least that’s what I’ve been told.

Welcome to AK. I’m going to assume you support the university of Utah and are not a Native American who is a member of one of the Ute Indian tribes in using that particular name (uteman1011). Is that right?

The "Mormon" rejection rebranding is a recent phenomenon, nobody I knew in The Church as a member from pioneer stock on both sides objected to being self-identified as a "Mormon". "The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints" is the formal title of the Utah branch based at Temple Square.
In spite of an "I'm a Mormon" publicity campaign the Church ran a few years ago, the recent change is supposed to highlight the status of the Church as a Christian based sect.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom