New guy here, this is what I have ATM

Sweet little combo there now get that TT off of the receiver! Never stack on a receiver or amp - you block the heat from escaping properly so you're cooking your source.

Sweet little combo there now get that TT off of the receiver! Never stack on a receiver or amp - you block the heat from escaping properly so you're cooking your source.
Oh ya, I never run it like that, I just took the pic while I re-arranging things, so I could get them both in one picture.

Currently I have a Marantz 2022b fully restored, I love this receiver, I also have a Pioneer PL 12D turntable which also works beautiful. I also have a Nakamichi RX-303, that has problems and does not play atm(the transport does not move into position and if I push play/ff/rw it just goes right to stop). I am still hunting for a pair of speakers to match to this system...would love to find a set of Dynaco A25's but we will see, I may just pick up a set of Minimus 7's to get me by for now as they are cheap and plentiful. Well thats about it, just wanted to share my current set up and say hi!

Scott
Scott , your Nak needs new tires in the drive system . They are easy to change. Try posting in the tape section of this forum and someone will chime in for sourcing these tires.

+1 on the JBL and Klipsch recommendation, I love my Marantz/Klipsch combos. There are a ton of great speakers out there to explore. If you're not in a hurry, listen to anything you can get yer ears on before settling on a pair. Ask lots of questions here and reach out to members in your area for good places to shop or reputable CL sellers/techs. While not the most convenient, it might not hurt to take your amp along to listen to something that looks especially promising once you have armed yourself with some knowledge and experience.

Good advice on the subscription as well, Bartertown is a good resource.

Nice Start, looks like someone already answered the question on the Nak?I believe they have that issue, Some Sony's have problems loading also, mainly trying to get the carousel to stop or stay open on older players. most Thirtfs you can get a player for 10-20 bucks, or buy one from a friend/ realtive , craigs.

Dynaco's would be nice, not Shure how efficient they are? Someone else will chime in on that? You don't have alot of power so you want efficient speakers. some of the Kilpsch speakers are real efficient. If you wanted to keep the TT on top of the receiver give it air space, I use hockey pucks under mine. Give it a couple inches. Space was my problem, and still is.

Sweet Marantz receiver... the 2250b was my entry into vintage audio in 2011 and the rest as they say is history :rockon: keep an eye out for a set of AR3a or JBL 4311’s both fantastic speakers that can be had for under $500 if you’re lucky!!

Dynaco's would be nice, not Shure how efficient they are? Someone else will chime in on that? You don't have alot of power so you want efficient speakers. some of the Kilpsch speakers are real efficient. If you wanted to keep the TT on top of the receiver give it air space, I use hockey pucks under mine. Give it a couple inches. Space was my problem, and still is.
Great idea on the hockey pucks...I live in Minnesota so there are hockey pucks everywhere!

Back
Top Bottom