1. Rest in Peace Paul (Kegger) If you would like to help the family in this time of great sorrow and need, you may donate on their GoFundme page: https://www.gofundme.com/mckechnie-medical-and-funeral-fund?
    Dismiss Notice

new guy on the block

Discussion in 'Members' Systems' started by sarpilot, Mar 11, 2017.

1. sarpilot

sarpilot Member

Hi everyone, new to the page. Almost feel embarrassed to put up my budget system as compared to all this high end gear on this thread. I'm kind of a bottom feeder on the page but hear goes. Sherwood rx4109 receiver, $90.00 at Radio Shack, Onkyo dx c390 cd changer, $129.00 at Best Buy, Polk Audio monitor 30, Polk Audio psw10 subwoofer, $190.00 for both on the Polk Audio eBay website. Audio Technica at LP60 USB $95.00 on eBay. LP gear stylus and belt upgrade for the at LP60, $40.00. Total $544.00 all items purchased new, no used gear. I know this isn't a real to shelf system but as a retired military helicopter pilot whose hearing isn't the best at age 60 it sure sounds good to me. Thanks for the welcome!!

pvdubber, Nightwisher and jeep jones like this.
  2. Rome

Rome Holsum Honey Buns Subscriber

Greetings to ya!

Rome

3. stanko

stanko Hoarder Subscriber

Welcome! Nobody on AK reads very well, we like pictures!

Spitfirejoe likes this.
  4. ETLS

ETLS metacarpophalangealcranium Subscriber

A big howdy from Texas and welcome to the AK forums. It's all about enjoying the music, and not how much you spent.

5. sarpilot

sarpilot Member

Thanks for the welcome everyone. Once my daughter shows me how to post pictures I'll send some. Looking forward to listening to your comments and advice. I'll need it when I upgrade in the future. THANKS SARPILOT.

6. sarpilot

sarpilot Member

7. sarpilot

sarpilot Member

8. sarpilot

sarpilot Member

That was my first attempt at sending a picture. I think it worked

9. avionic

avionic " Black Knights" Subscriber

It worked..

10. sarpilot

sarpilot Member

Cool f15 picture

11. cheehpogi

cheehpogi It's better to burn out than to fade away.

12. Treyfus84

Treyfus84 Well-Known Member

Nothing wrong with that...as long as it sounds good to you!

13. Nightwisher

Nightwisher Farer In The Goldilocks Zone Subscriber

That's actually a pretty nice system. I love Polk speakers. Sweet!

14. sarpilot

sarpilot Member

I feel you really get a lot of bang for the buck with the Polk Monitor series. Originally wanted the Monitor 40s but I got such a great deal with these 30s I couldn't pass it up. I heard some opinions on youtube that the 30s are preferd over the 40s if you have a sub. Just an opinion I guess. I would really love a set of vintage ESS Tempests and have found some at a reasonable price, but the shipping cost is often as much as the speakers. I am very happy with the sound of this setup.

Nightwisher likes this.
  15. classic carl

classic carl Got Vinyl? Subscriber

Welcome to AK.
    Tell us where you are located. You can add your location to your profile and it will show up under your avatar. Many of us have spare gear, especially speakers. If someone is local to you, they may even be willing to lend you an extra pair to audition. I'm retired from a company that more than likely made rotary wing motion accommodation parts to keep your helicopter from vibrating into pieces.
    That is, unless you were flying for the Russians or Chinese. :rflmao:

Nightwisher likes this.
  16. sarpilot

sarpilot Member

Is that active or passive vibe suppression? I have about equal time in Bell and Sikorsky products.

17. sarpilot

sarpilot Member

From Pensacola FL

18. MarZutra

MarZutra Super Member

Kudos! Welcome aboard and thank you for your service!

Spitfirejoe likes this.
  19. classic carl

classic carl Got Vinyl? Subscriber

I spent a couple of months in FLA last winter. The last two weeks were at relatives in Niceville, near Eglin AFB.

Actually, both, including dampers, tail and rotor bearings, tension-torsion straps, pylon isolators, active vibration control systems, rotor hubs, major sub-assemblies, etc.
    Bell and Sikorsky are both civil and military customers of ours. Also, Boeing, Korean Air, HAL, AgustaWestland, and Airbus (Eurocopter), among the larger ones.

20. Drumolator

Drumolator Super Member

None of my systems cost much more than yours, and some are cheaper. The system in my signature was around $400, and it sounds great to me. Enjoy yours. Peace and goodwill.

Spitfirejoe likes this.