New Guy

Originally posted by Glassman
Thanks Chris! Gee, it makes it all look so good. I wish I had the finish on the case they have in that picture. Mine isn't bad but it certainly isn't that nice. Following the guidelines from the various Sansui sites for determining manufacture date from the serial number I have gathered the amp and tuner were both made in 1970. I love it when I can do that. I have an old set of Rogers drums from '66 and I managed to find a Rogers snare from '66 to go with it 4 years later. :rockon:

I do need to fix the case on the tuner since it was dropped or something at one time. :mad: The little pieces of wood on one side intended to brace it are gone (nothing but glue left) and the side is no longer attached ot the top. I have some clamps and some wood glue so all I need to do is find some similarly shaped replacement pieces of wood to brace it again. I will probably never get the crisp edge again where the top meets the side but at least it will be one piece. As I mentioned earlier I also need to replace a few bulbs. The Stereo and FM indicators are out as is the bulb above the dial pointer. Thanks again for posting the picures.

Jay

Jay

No problem at all - I am a fan of that series too, I have a Sansui AU-555 that my dad bought new when he was single in 1970. It has served our house faithfully. Unfortunately it's broken :( . I also won't fix it for now, as I am getting ready to move to another country, so now I am pretty systemless (listening to tunes thru a sharp minisystem connected to a pair of Paradigm monitor 3's).

Chris

Things could be worse. You could be listening to everything through an original Sony Walkman from the early 80's!

:D

Back
Top Bottom