New here from MN

bowtieman427

Hello all, I am a new guy here interested in getting into Vintage audio. My first real stereo was a Pioneer SX-1050 with PL-71 TT and Mach I speakers which I gave away after college ot minimize my move to MN figuring with my new real job I can get new stuff so I got a Denon AVR-5600 and picked up a set of K5.5 and used LaScalla's Loved the way they sounded had to have them.....but something was missing. My AVR could not reproduce the music like my old Pioneer did. I can not explain it. Currently I am trying to put togther a vintage system. Looking into a Sansui or Pioneer Reciever. Someday maybe go tube amp. Would love to get a SX-1050 again to start me down the right path again. Now a days I do not use the AVR-with movies to loud just listen to music and to me it sucks.
Look forward to posting some threads if I find anything I am eyeing a Sansui G-7500 and G-8000 and a SX-1050

Welcome bowtieman427,

It's always nice to see more Minnesotans here. Where are you located? There might be some members nearby that can help you out on your search.

I'm sure your choice of G-8000 or SX-1050 would do nicely. I love my Sansui 8000 and Pioneer 1250.

Denny

I am from Pine Island, MN near Rochester in the SE part of the state or about 65miles south of the Twin Cities.

Welcome Bowtieman427, Hope you enjoy your time here. Might as well go for the SX-1250. It has quite a following around these parts. :music: :thmbsp:

Welcome Bowtieman, you'll find a lot of helpful advice here.

Don't mean to hi-jack your thread, but as a fellow Minnesotan, I'm wondering where others bring their gear around here for good service?

Welcome!
Do a search of Minnesota and repair and you should come up with some info on technicians here. Good luck!
Mike

All hail the L'Étoile du Nord! <star of the north> :thmbsp:

Welcome to our little corner of the "Inter-nets".

Back
Top Bottom