New here, Just picked up a Marantz receiver.

Romantt8

Hello,

I just picked up a Marantz 2252b to add to my collection and decided to join this forum. I also own a Fisher RS-2010, a Harman Kardon HK-430 and a Technics Sl-BD2 turntable. For speakers I have a pair of Celestion Ditton 44s and a pair of Magnepans.

I have always been into vintage audio, at least ever since my dad hooked up his vintage realistic receiver, BIC turntable and speakers. It was not an audio file system by any means, but when I heard that needle scratch into the grooves of a Pink Floyd album for the first time in my life; I was hooked. Something about that warm analog sound blew me away and to this day still keep a growing shelf of records nearby.

I am very much into cars and anything automotive as well.

I would like to start getting into Tube audio soon as I have a decent budget.

Welcome aboard man...look around and you should find plenty of "like minded" folks here at AK....

Bill

Welcome to AK. I think you will like your 2252B. I had and used one for several years and thought it was very good. I ended up giving it to my best friends son when he got home from Iraq, he wanted to put together a vintage system. The Marantz seemed like it would get him off to a good start.

Have you had a chance to hook it up for a listen yet?

RUN.....RUN SCREAMING!!!!!!!!!!! Before it's toooooo late.....

Your really going to enjoy this place....Great people,great advice,more knowledge that you can shake a BANANA at.....:banana::banana::banana::banana:

And we are trully a global community.....:thmbsp:

Peace.....

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome.

Welcome to AK. I think you will like your 2252B. I had and used one for several years and thought it was very good. I ended up giving it to my best friends son when he got home from Iraq, he wanted to put together a vintage system. The Marantz seemed like it would get him off to a good start.

Have you had a chance to hook it up for a listen yet?

I have hooked it up to my speakers and am very impressed. I have wanted a Marantz receiver for a long time and I am finding out that they truly live up to their legend. Very nice of you to give him the receiver as a gift, it is a great start to a sweet system.

Back
Top Bottom