New here...

n00n3r

Hey there, I'm new here. Grew up with vinyl and love the stuff- been away for about 10 years, heard Grateful Dead's "American Beauty" the other day on a fully analog system- I want to throw out all my CDs, burn my iPod and move to a place where tubes are plentiful. So, here's the question: I grew up in the SF bay area and know where I could find some gear. Unfortunately I'm in Oklahoma City, and have no clue. Been checking eBay- and shipping into OKC is just a bad idea (Fedex is contracted out and everything arrives broken or pre opened). Any ideas where I should look locally for a tuner, a table, and some vinyl?

Chris

Hi there, ho there, howdy! Welcome to AK!

If stuff is rare, why not look to getting it in via a better carrier. For example, bus is surprisingly cheap, and if the item is well-packed, not a problem for damage.

welcome :) Keep an eye on Craigslist. Also check out your local Thrift stores. Its out there, you just have to be patient.

greetings,

i'm also a california transplant here in OKC, new to this group too. i've found some gear around in the last few months, receivers, reel to reels and stuff. are you looking to piece together a whole system or find specific units? there are quits a few vintage buffs around here, university sound, altec and other companies HQ'd here. james lansing hung out here for a while too.

Welcome to AK, n00n3r. Aage's suggestion of of using the bus as a carrier is a good one. I've done that a couple of times for customers of mine.

sicko

Technics 5150 one appropriate speaker. This stuff is so sick. I've read 3 overhauls already.Axl W Rose I mean Roger Waters suck on that.

Back
Top Bottom