New Here

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by tony wilson, Jun 12, 2017.

1. tony wilson

tony wilson New Member

I'm not sure how this works.
    Hello Everyone,
    I'm new here and not sure how this works so I need to figure out how to start a thread.
    I've been a big music and stereo lover since I was a kid in the 60s growing up to Mary Robbins and Johnny Horton and and the great Johnny Cash among others then Mom introduced me to CCR and thats when I went south.
    Stereos and radios and anything that can drown out a F14 fighter at full throttle is fine with me.
    I really need to get to a group that can help me with my Marantz 2270,I've had it for almost 30 years and it's only been serviced twice once just before I bought it and just last year.
    I've seen this site before and I know alot of good people are in here and look forward to hearing from everyone.

2. MarZutra

MarZutra Super Member

Welcome from New Scotland Tony. I run also a vintage Marantz receiver. Are you having issues with your Marantz? I had my Marantz serviced last year at Peak Audio. The tech did a decent job on the Marantz but not so with my SA9900 that I had to sell for parts and/or service....

3. tony wilson

tony wilson New Member

Yes it is unfortunatly,it wants to crack and pop when I give it some power with the remote speakers on.
    It plays great in Stereo with the fronts on but when you turn the fronts off and just the remotes it cracks when I try to get some power out of it.
    When I run all 4 it cracks in time with the peaks and as long as I keep the volume down abit it plays and sound great.
    I may add that I'm running a set of Heresys in tbe front and a set of KG5.5 in the remote.
    I had a man contact me about doing a restoration on it ad it kinda looked promising till I got a message tellingvme hes not legit and to ask about him in one of the AK groups and they would be able to set me straight.
    I don't wanna give my 2270 to just anyone that can download some pretty pictures and run off or screw the whole thing up.
    So I kinda got myself in a sticky wicket as to where to go

4. Dave_1962

Dave_1962 Lunatic Member

Welcome! As you scroll down the home page you see forum titles. Try to post your thread in a relevant forum to get maximum response results. If you have an audio question not brand specific shoot for General Audio Discussion. Keep in mind most anything you can think of has been asked and answered so using the search bar will find many answers quickly._:thumbsup:

5. ETLS

ETLS metacarpophalangealcranium Subscriber

A big howdy from Texas and welcome to the AK forums.

6. tony wilson

tony wilson New Member

Hello,been to Texas a few times stacked a few towers in the DFW metro area for Police Municipals.

7. HarmanKardon

HarmanKardon Tubes still smell funny Subscriber

Hello and Welcome from Europe! :)

8. Hyperion

Hyperion Roobarb & Custard Subscriber

Welcome to AK!

9. goat67

goat67 AK Subscriber Subscriber

Welcome

10. faber12

faber12 AK Subscriber Subscriber

Welcome, have you heard of Deoxit?

11. tony wilson

tony wilson New Member

Yes I have and really not sure if thats the problem,gonna buy a can today and try it out tonight.
    Still kinda thinking seriously about a restoration,it's 45 years old,it was just cleaned last yearalong with original lamps and a replacement power button.
    He told me then that it was preforming great and it did till just recently.

12. electronjohn

electronjohn Plug it in & see!! Subscriber

13. mark warren

mark warren Always Learning! Subscriber

Hey Tony! Welcome to AK! :D

14. w1jim

w1jim I can fix it but good... Subscriber

Welcome from Boston.
    Sounds like you've got some failing small signal transistors on the Marantz.

15. Rome

Rome Holsum Honey Buns Subscriber

Greetings to ya!

Rome

16. tony wilson

tony wilson New Member

Something ain't right, I get home tonight I got alittle experimenting to do.

17. meggy

meggy AK Subscriber Subscriber

Welcome to AK.

18. Quadman2

Quadman2 Super Member

Hey Tiny...welcome to the Realm of AK.

Anyone who likes Mary and the two Jonnies mentioned can have a front row seat in this site.:)

And I remember only too well the F14.

Q

19. tony wilson

tony wilson New Member

Thanks to all of yoi.
    I finally disconnected the 2270 and hooked up the 4320 and it rocks not as good sounding but it don't crack or pop and yeah its probably a bad transistor in there,its resting and not going anywhere for the time being.

Last edited: Jun 15, 2017
  20. nj pheonix

nj pheonix AK Subscriber Subscriber