New in Nashville!

I’ve had a lot of success finding gear on Craigslist in Nashville. You may have to drive out to one of the many smaller cities/towns surrounding Nashville, but it’s out there if you look. Don’t want to give you too many secrets though! Eventually if you’re as obsessed as me, you’ll start running into a lot of the folks in the area who are into this stuff, and you’ll realize it’s kindof a small world. I’m curious who your tech is that you mentioned. There aren’t many great options in my experience, which motivated me to learn to restore gear myself, for better or for worse.

I’ve had a lot of success finding gear on Craigslist in Nashville. You may have to drive out to one of the many smaller cities/towns surrounding Nashville, but it’s out there if you look. Don’t want to give you too many secrets though! Eventually if you’re as obsessed as me, you’ll start running into a lot of the folks in the area who are into this stuff, and you’ll realize it’s kindof a small world. I’m curious who your tech is that you mentioned. There aren’t many great options in my experience, which motivated me to learn to restore gear myself, for better or for worse.

I met a guy named Brad in Hendersonville. You may know him if you work through Craigslist, he posts there often. It’s funny, I’ve already noticed how excited people get when they find out I’m excited about good audio!

Hi Rob and welcome to AK! Great Sony you have:thumbsup: Vintage audio is a blast! Enjoy your audio journey!

Welcome to the AK Crew, Rob.

Interesting intro you have there.

Being both motivated and wanting to learn...yer a fit!:thumbsup:

Have great listening.

Q

Welcome from Michigan...I was down there about a month or so ago....I went to the speedway fleemarket and there was a guy that had some good stuff..."dead people's things"....great guy ....their Craigslist was full of gear my wife wouldn't let me go look at.....the next time I go there I'm taking my drinking buddy's!!!

Welcome to Tennessee. I'm a transplant from Ohio and now live outside Knoxville (little blink of a town called Greenback)

I found TN to be a nice blend of weather. Doesn't get as nasty cold as it might further north... nor as hot as further south.

Nashville is a nice place. I/we get there from time to time (usually to visit Vanderbilt Medical)

If you're ever in the Knoxville area, in spite of being from Michigan, you're invited for a visit. :D

Welcome to Tennessee. I'm a transplant from Ohio and now live outside Knoxville (little blink of a town called Greenback)

I found TN to be a nice blend of weather. Doesn't get as nasty cold as it might further north... nor as hot as further south.

Nashville is a nice place. I/we get there from time to time (usually to visit Vanderbilt Medical)

If you're ever in the Knoxville area, in spite of being from Michigan, you're invited for a visit. :D

Good deal! I’ve been wanting to get to Knoxville. If you’re over this way give me a shout! The weather down here is what sold me!

Back
Top Bottom