New-ish member Ferdii

ferdii

HI all,

Have registered a while ago and have been lurking mostly. I have been into music reproduction since age 13,....eeh some time ago. Have been semi-serious of and on since then and got into proper systems once I could afford to. My interest in older Hifi got a boost when I found a pair of HPM-900 in my local goodwill. Since then I've added 2 record players and the Marantz 226B.

I am not too capable with eletronics but starting to learn. There is still quite a bit of cleaning up to do.

Audiokarma seems a very friendly place. I've long been around Audiocircle and the atmosphere is much the same with a focus on a slightly different corner of the audio world. Great!

Looking forward to poking my head in from time to time, sharing what little knowledge I have and hoping to learn more about the systems I have.

Have a good weekend all!

Ferdinand

My current systems:

Main (living room):
Pre: IRD Purist
Power: Odyssey Audio Stratos Stereo+
CDP: Sony CDP-X77ES with upgraded clock and powercord
Speakers: Dynaudio Audience 82
audio streaming: RWA modded Squeezebox 3 with DIY linear

Study:

System 1:
amp: Cayin EL34 integrated tube amp
CDP: Pioneer CP-7700 (older goodwill find)
Records: Thorens TD160 MkII (recent goodwill find)
other: ampSansui AU-317 now mainly used for its phone amp
speakers: Mission 751f
audio streaming: Squeezebox 2

System 2:
integrated: Marantz 2226B (recently acquired through NL Ebay daughter Marktplaats. Very nice condition and still being cleaned and checked out
CDP: Marantz CD-53
audio streaming: Apple Airport Express
Speakers: Pioneer HPM-900 in very nice condition after I replaced the surrounds. (another Goodwill find)

Currently unused:
Dual 1249 record player
Marantz SR7000 AV Receiver

When travelling:
Apple iPod with Etymotic headset

Welcome to AK. And how lucky do you have to be to find a Thorens turntable at Goodwill!! :)

Back
Top Bottom