New Jersey Antique Radio Show/Swap Meet 7/21 in Wall Twnshp, NJ

tubeactive

AK Subscriber
Subscriber
On historic Marconi Rd, in Wall Township, is an ex-military, armory looking type site, now known as InfoAge. The New Jersey Antique Radio Club, njarc.org has a very high quality museum within this InfoAge complex. The njarc sponsors three swap meets a year, two in Parsippany (spring and fall) and one in Wall, NJ during the heat of summer. Fortunately, this show, coming up on Saturday, July 21, is held within a shade tree, park-like setting, adjacent to the large InfoAge main building.

Parking is free and easy. Exhibitor/Vendor setup is around 0715 and the public is then admitted around 0800. All the details are on their site www.njarc.org

In the past, I have found many goodies at these antique radio shows. However, my buying sprees really have significantly dwindled in the past few years. Maybe, it is your turn to score...If you don't attend these shows, you will not know their value, especially considering how many collectors do not "share the knowledge to share the wealth...."

One of the features of the NJARC shows is an informal "walk around auction" usually commencing before lunchtime. However, remember that the "early bird gets the worms," so, arriving early is probably your best chance at scoring goodies. Also of note, the lovely Jersey shore is only about five minutes away...

Been there once about 3 years ago. Definitely worthwhile and the market is very interesting. Unfortunately I see my kids on Saturday so looks like I'm missing out this year.

BillWojo

Back
Top Bottom