1. Rest in Peace Paul (Kegger) If you would like to help the family in this time of great sorrow and need, you may donate on their GoFundme page: https://www.gofundme.com/mckechnie-medical-and-funeral-fund?
    Dismiss Notice

New job, new system! w000! McIntosh and Focal content ahead.

Discussion in 'Members' Systems' started by andx0r, Sep 7, 2016.

1. mark warren

mark warren Always Learning! Subscriber

very nice!

2. andx0r

andx0r AK Subscriber Subscriber

[​IMG]

Ditched the CD player since I never play CDs and gave the DAC a little more room to breathe. Swapped my Pure i20 into it's place. What a great little gizmo, I wish I had bought another one when they were still making them.

guiller, Nightwisher and Hyfi like this.
  3. Nightwisher

Nightwisher Farer In The Goldilocks Zone Subscriber

4. costerdock

costerdock Super Member

Nice - I love my Pure i20 as well - great little device for streaming Spotify and Pandora.

5. MarZutra

MarZutra Super Member

Fabulous. Kudos to you in you personal choices and rewarding your effort!

6. andx0r

It's nice to finally have a cabinet that holds all of my stereo junk. There'd normally be a cassette deck in that upper right cubby.

[​IMG]

7. Bubbalouie

Bubbalouie Active Member

Andx0r... Congrats to you! New job, more money, and new audio system, it doesn't get any better than that. McIntosh and Focal, a perfect match if there ever was one. The 806Vs paired with the MA6200 is the best natural sound I ever had in an audio system. Your picture above looks sweet. A place for everything and everything in its place, a comfortable room to sit back and enjoy the music.

Good for you, my friend!!

I cannot remember when I wrote the above post. As I stated, my listening room is 154 Sq Ft, which is below Focal recommendations. Maybe this is why mine produces good bass. This is what Focal said about the 806V...
    Here is a picture of my audio system.

[​IMG]

I was sitting in the sweet spot when I took the picture, which is 8ft from the audio system. The only thing left for me to do is upgrade the power conditioner and the power cords and interconnect cables. I will hopefully accomplish this sometime this year.

8. Dynamicmad

Dynamicmad I just want it to sound good Subscriber

Congrats man. The same as you I have gotten the upgrade bug recently. Just retired the sony es pre I got from you and am now running a halo p5. Just yesterday got a set of martin logan Ethos speakers. As you said pay is up music is on and life is good. We need to get together soon again and listen to some tunes.

Ds2000 likes this.
  9. guiller

guiller Toscaninichus Australis

Wonderful rig!

10. andx0r

Word!

Good choice on the P5. I used to have a silver one. Very flexible unit, lots of inputs. I had it paired with your Mirage speakers and a pair of Crown XLS-1500 amps. People in the space station could probably hear that system.

11. andx0r

[​IMG]

Big thanks to Bob in WI for the cassette deck!

Burner and Nightwisher like this.
  12. andx0r

The Mack has to go in for surgery tomorrow to bring it's left channel back on it's phono stage, and it's temporary replacement is just a bit more modest, lol:

[​IMG]

The whole works still sounds pretty good though.

Nightwisher likes this.
  13. damacman

damacman Blown and Injected Subscriber

While the 6200 is under the knife, ask the tech to ensure it meets published specs before picking it back up.

Nightwisher likes this.
  14. andx0r

He did that, relamped it, and replaced a shorted out capacitor on the phono board (and it's twin on the other channel).

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Great to have it back and fully functional!

15. rollcentre

rollcentre Boom-tizzz

That Magic Sam record really kicks ass. Bet it sounds great on that system. Well done sir.