1. Time for some upgrades in server hardware and software to enhance security and take AK to the next level. Please contribute what you can to sales@audiokarma.org at PayPal.com - Thanks from the AK Team
    Dismiss Notice

New KEF B139s from Falcon Acoustics

Discussion in 'British Audio' started by JoshHendi, Apr 6, 2017.

1. JoshHendi

JoshHendi vintage audio student Subscriber

Potentially exciting news... It looks like Falcon Acoustics might soon be selling new B139 drivers :)

Image taken from Falcon Acoustics website

[​IMG]

slimecity, BearWolfe and absolve2525 like this.

Please register to disable this ad.

2. absolve2525

absolve2525 AK Subscriber Subscriber

Sweet!!

Clay1234 likes this.
  3. NorAud

NorAud New Member

Any updates on this?

4. JoshHendi

5. JoshHendi

They teased it on their main website months ago, then the ad went down... I emailed Jerry asking him when/if they still planned on releasing them and he said yes, but they just had delays, but that was a while ago

Clay1234 likes this.
  6. TimF

TimF Well-Known Member

I think it will happen, like many things, the main business there comes first. I think it will be great to see a new B139, it will put some life back into quite a few speakers that are sitting around collecting dust, not to mention extending the lives of some still going. Good for Jerry/Falcon for taking on some of these driver projects!

Clay1234 likes this.

7. IMF_Pioneer

IMF_Pioneer Active Member

Update ! .....................Jerry is anticipating to still get the first production run out before this Christmas. The beauty of these new ones is that they are going to be of a higher power handling capacity over the original 50 watt black framed B139's.

Clay1234 likes this.
  8. Clay1234

Clay1234 New Member

As of December 10 2017 - B139 manufacture will start in 8 weeks. (email from Jerry @ Falcon)

IMF_Pioneer likes this.
  9. FONSguy

FONSguy Super Member

So all the drivers from the old KEF Cantata's will be available.

absolve2525 and Clay1234 like this.
  10. IMF_Pioneer

IMF_Pioneer Active Member

Hi Clay,

thanks for the update as I spoke to him late November and he was hopeful of getting the first batch before Christmas.

also I think FONSguy was meaning "Concerto's" if I'm correct ? as the Cantata's use a T52 as the tweeter and not a T27.

Cheers.

Clay1234 likes this.
  11. Clay1234

Clay1234 New Member

KefKit3 was T27, B110 and B139 Crossover: SP1004 - (Like a Concerto but supply your own cabinet).

12. Clay1234

Clay1234 New Member

Does anyone here have experience with retrotechaudio.co.uk ? They may have KEF parts like B139's but I have not been able to get an email reply from them.

13. Clay1234

Clay1234 New Member

14. NorAud

NorAud New Member

15. leesonic

leesonic Hold on, here comes the bass. Subscriber

I wonder if they need "core" units? I have a couple of passive radiators, the BD139s, that I thought it would be cool to turn into "active" woofers. Sadly, that's beyond my skills...

Lee.

16. JimPA

JimPA Distinguished Member

When the new B139 driver is released I will be curious to see how this effects the price of the old B139's that come up for sale.

17. canuckaudiog

canuckaudiog On a quest for high fidelity

Probably about the same amount that the reissued LS3/5A from Falcon Acoustics affected the LS3/5A market - not at all.

18. GHolloway

GHolloway New Member

Please don't forget the main man, Malcolm Jones, who sold me his early Concerto in 19XX.

19. Campbell1963

Campbell1963 New Member

image.jpg Hi, just came across this thread, found it to be really interesting, as I have had a barn find just before Christmas, P.atkinson design Speakers from 1976 Hifi news, built by Roy Irwin in 1977, they have been built as right and left, as the front of the speaker naturally toed in, If anybody could give me any more info it would be really appreciated,

20. Ohighway

Ohighway Wannabe Minimalist Subscriber

Not to derail this thread but.... nice setup !

Hey....did you notice? You're on TV !