New Keg Thread

Y'all just know the big galoot would be fun to party with! :D

I think you've got a great solution to the 'damping' problem.
You're comment about the volume of the keg, I think we're really looking at an 'infinite baffle' situation.
With the stated Fs of the Pioneer driver mentioned, that shouldn't be a problem. 19 Hz!
I think the big technical problem is the physical one concerning the mounting of the EMIT, and xover. Even that shouldn't be too difficult, the Pioneer should reach high enough, and the EMIT low enough to let a simple xover sound good.

??

pete

Oh, forgot.
Cutting through the double-wall of the keg.
How about using some of that expandable foam caulking? Or, d'you think that would be to porous? Could seal the foam caulk with RTV?

just spending way to much time on this, since y'all have had most of the good ideas.

pete

Double walled?? I think the most difficult thing is gonna be installing everything using the hole for the 12" ers, gonna be tight getting my big ape arms down in there ;) But I don't wanna make any more holes for access or nothing.

P.S. Bully you see what those mitsu meters went for :eek: $135.50 Ouch! Thats an amp for christsakes! 100 was my limit! Dammit!

I dunno, just had a thought they were?? Must have turds for brains. my bad. if it's not the OS, just blame me (I think taking the blame is in my job description).

Yeah, Thor, I told ya *somebody* wants those puppies!
I've bid on 'em before, and never came close. Ouch, indeed.

BTW, goll-durnit, these big Utah's really sound nice. I'm just flabbergasted somebody prolly "bosed" 'em! Big 'uns would be tuff to 'coordinate' with a room.
Good for me hahahahahahaha

Back
Top Bottom