New Kenwood Wood

Fast_Eddie

Upper-middle fi
Hi Gang,

Ok, I decided I was up to the challange of building new wood sides for my Kenwood. I picked up some oak at the hardware store and had at it. Turned out good enough! Sure looks a lot better. Haven't sanded or stained yet, but the test fit, well, fit.

Take care,

Ed

That looks phenomenal, makes me want to do the same for my amps. Good work, I'd love to see the finished product.

Nice work, Ed. How do you plan on finishing the wood? Just an oil, hand-rubbed in, or a stain? Nice looking wood, maybe the less might be the better...?

Very nice, Ed!

Did the same thing with my Sony 5650 VFET back in the late 70s. Hated the walnut veneered vinyl that it came with, so I went out and got some nice red oak. So if you guys ever run across a 5650 with oak side panels that look well worn and well...vintage...it's probably my old beast!

Just to echo what everyone else has stated.....VERY nice. I hope to see some pics of the finished work.

Makes me wanna tackle my SX-890 that needs new wood.

Awesome job Eddie... :thmbsp:

Ditto on the finished pics... just gotta see'em... :yes:

Nice!

A coat of stain and some Danish Wood Oil, or Tung Oil, fishished off with some Lemon oil. Either will make the grain pop.

Looks great! :thmbsp:

And btw, welcome aboard!

Ken:guitar:

Back
Top Bottom