New Khorn owner

Oh yes I've seen your sig. That's quite the impressive line up of vintage Mac you have there no doubt. :thumbsup: I respect your opinion and as I see it it's different strokes for different folks here.

Yes please do; I like hearing opinions on what sounds nice on these speakers. I'm really regretting selling 2 au9500's I've owned over the years as I'm thinking they'd be a fantastic match up for the k's

Please do. I only have a lowly 217 tho ...

Alas, my hearing isn't what it used to be, so any attempt at a comparison would be futile. I CAN tell you that the day wifey and I went to buy the Khorns, they were sitting in the middle of a garage - not in corners. When he plugged in a CD of "Hotel California", the wife even said, "Geez, those sound good!"

20171220_140828.jpg I put them on the short wall today, added a sub and wow what a difference for the better. Center imaging is there now as they were too far apart before and I can move back further to get a better soundstage. As soon as that was done I posted the Mac ML1C's for sale that the k's replaced. These khorns ain't going anywhere

Paul Klipsch said it well - 5 watts amp is more than enough for his speakers.

Above that, end of block neighbors call police for public disturbance.

But 5 watts rule stand only if one has good hearing and no plugs.

If hearing is bad, a lot of "headroom" would be required.
Some needs extra 50 watts, some extra 120 watts, in severe cases all 330 watts "headroom" maybe might help.

I've now given up on the idea about trying an set amp on them after moving them today. 125 wpc gets the job done to perfection to my ears at any volume from a whisper to a flat out roar. I'm speculating but I cannot see a flea amp throwing anywhere near the soundstage these things are putting out now. If someone can be happy with a couple of watts then by goodness my hat is off to you because I can not and thankfully I do not have to:music:

Thanks; It's actually a storage rack for my extra gear. I made it from 4 6' long 3/8" threaded rod and cheapo underlayment from HD. The shelves are all spaced equally at 8'' which works perfect for all my extras so far. Simple, cheap and fun to build and holds all that heavy Mac gear without a problem.

Back
Top Bottom