New Klipsch?

judsonw

I realize this is mostly about the older Klipsch, but I have the opportunity to get a pair of newer R-15M speakers. Do people have any opinions on these? Or about the R-25C center speaker which I may pick up in a few weeks if I like the R-15Ms.

My dad is upgrading, so he is offering my R-15Ms. I like the Hsu Research HB-1s I have in my stereo system, but I view this as the chance to finally work towards upgrading the HT system which is using a Bose Acoustimass 5.1 system.

For the rears, I was going to see what I could get at the local thrift store.

Note: budget is very limited. If I get the R-25C, it would probably be my big audio purchase for the year. (If I do not get that, it might be a nicer set of closed back headphones, or new tubes for my integrated amp).

I've seen a lot of good reviews on the R-15Ms. Enough I'm interested in purchasing a pair myself. I'm more into the vintage Klipsch', but have always liked their bookshelf speakers (KSB3.1, B2, B20...)

Can you audition before purchase?

Well, the nice thing is I am not needing to buy the R-14Ms (My dad informed me he was mistaken and that they are no the R-15Ms, but that is ok). My dad is going to just give them to me. Also, considering that these will be working towards replacing a Bose Acoustimass system, I feel it is probably a step up, even if they are not the best Klipsch around.

I've seen a lot of good reviews on the R-15Ms. Enough I'm interested in purchasing a pair myself. I'm more into the vintage Klipsch', but have always liked their bookshelf speakers (KSB3.1, B2, B20...)
I just put the KSB 3.1's in my shop. They ran the Infinity RS 3000's right out of there. They blast the tunes outside for us and you can actually understand the lyrics.

They are quite competent and efficient for their size.

My friend got the big Klipsches, The R-28F, and I was quite pleased with them, and the price is reasonable.

The little Klipsches probably sound similar, but not as loud, or able to play as low.

In an apartment building I probably do not want too loud anyways. As for low, well, I will see when I get them. I already have a second set of front speakers hooked up to the receiver so I can easily swap them out to do the a/b comparison to the Bose (which I think will be a no contest).

Hey Guys, do you realize there is a new Klipsch mouse trap? Its a new Klipschorn with a sealed horn woofer box and a moveable detached top so it doesn't have to fit tightly in a corner any more. And Guess what, it cost more. But what else is new now days? About $15,000 a pair. Still cheaper than JBL DD series. The frequency response now goes out past 20,000 HZ with the new tweeter, and it seems all the drivers are new. I tried to send the spec sheet but the file is too large.

There are Jubilee's (2 way) that you can order also that you won't find listed on the Klipsch site. An underground speaker I suppose

The problem with low end Klipsch is the availability of high end used Klipsch for the same price. Washington state is one of those states with lots of used Klipsch on the market. If I were you, I'd drive to just south of Everett and buy those CF3s for 275.

Hey Guys, do you realize there is a new Klipsch mouse trap? Its a new Klipschorn with a sealed horn woofer box and a moveable detached top so it doesn't have to fit tightly in a corner any more. And Guess what, it cost more. But what else is new now days? About $15,000 a pair. Still cheaper than JBL DD series. The frequency response now goes out past 20,000 HZ with the new tweeter, and it seems all the drivers are new. I tried to send the spec sheet but the file is too large.
Link please, I'm curious.

My friend got the big Klipsches, The R-28F, and I was quite pleased with them, and the price is reasonable.

I have got to believe that you know that there are larger Klipsches than the R-28F (I'll even admit I'm clueless as to what it is or even looks like!!) Then whatever the larger speaker is....that they have others that are larger still....and larger still?

As noted below about the Jubilee (or some guys who have MWM bins with some huge horns on top.... once you get into the larger (truly larger) Klipsch offerings.... even something like their LaScala or Klipschorn starts to sound more like toys. (as a LaScala owner, I mean no disrespect to those who own/love LaScalas or Heritage in general)

There are Jubilee's (2 way) that you can order also that you won't find listed on the Klipsch site. An underground speaker I suppose

They do seem to be an under-known speaker.... tis unfortunate for those who've never had a chance to hear them or perhaps own them.

Back
Top Bottom