1. Time for some upgrades in server hardware and software to enhance security and take AK to the next level. Please contribute what you can to sales@audiokarma.org at PayPal.com - Thanks from the AK Team
    Dismiss Notice

New Kodi download for newbies!

Discussion in 'Home Theater & Video' started by ronscat, Aug 7, 2016.

1. ronscat

ronscat Active Member

If you are new to what kodi offers and have trouble downloading this may work for you. Search: tvaddons.ag
    then select downloads from the top menu then FreeTelly for Macs or Windows download. Just remember that you need a minimum of 10 megabytes download speeds for it to work for everyone (the more speed you have the happier camper you will be). There is a forum there for more talk about the download.
    I already have Kodi downloads on everything in the house from tablets, mac minis, and two Sony tvs. I downloaded the FreeTelly on my mac mini also just cause....

telemike likes this.

Please register to disable this ad.

2. avguytx

avguytx AK Subscriber Subscriber

Are you usin a VPN or proxy?

3. ronscat

ronscat Active Member

From the tv add-ons site:

You can now easily watch nearly anything that’s available online (and that’s a lot of content) through FreeTelly’s nifty interface, no more popups or annoying ads to deal with ever! FreeTelly is essentially a custom version of Kodi that comes preconfigured with all the best addons and customizations, making it the perfect tool for watching all your favourite streaming content.

[​IMG]

ENJOY ENDLESS CONTENT
    FreeTelly is a bit like Netflix, but it’s totally free and gives you access to an infinite amount of content. FreeTelly uses addons which interface with web sites, giving you the ability to navigate their streaming content through a user-friendly video-on-demand style interface. Say farewell to the days where you had to search the web for a decent quality stream, FreeTelly brings it all together, under one roof, for your satisfaction. It doesn’t matter when it was made, what it’s about, or where it’s from – if it’s available online, chances are FreeTelly will have it.

MUCH SAFER THAN POPCORN TIME
    Unlike Popcorn Time, which uses P2P torrent technology that actually involves the end user with the distribution of content, FreeTelly only streams what is readily available online. It does not involve the end user in any type of content distribution whatsoever. Streaming is perfectly safe, but torrents and Popcorn Time often result in end users getting fined a pretty penny.

4. Markoneswift

Markoneswift Quartz locked n ready to rock

Cool, thanks for the info. I recommend checking out the Kore remote app for Kodi too, if you haven't already :)

5. PR Audio

PR Audio Super Member

You mention you have Kodi in your Sony TVs, how did you get it? I have a Vizio D65-D2U, and have been looking for such an app to add to its Smart system, but apparently can't be done. No big deal, as I can always hook up my laptop or PC to the TV, but would be nice to just have it integrated without adding hardware like Roku or the likes.

6. ronscat

ronscat Active Member

Sony smart tvs have an android computer. I have read that "some" Philips also have them.

7. ronscat

ronscat Active Member

I was just advising my buddies at breakfast to order Beeline MiniMXlll android tv box for Kodi from Gearbox shipped to the U.S.

8. rread13

rread13 AK Member

Kodi is the BOMB!!! I have been using it since last year and have never looked back. It grew on me very quickly and I cut my cable! I am using a outdoor HDTV antennae for local channels for my TV reception, dropped my Bright House services down to just Lightening 100 internet (had Lightening 50 service and they gave me 100 for the same price!).

I used to run a Media Center (Windows 7 Pro) with a Ceton cable card 4 tuners, and a Hauppauge Win TV HVR-2250 card 2-tuenrs and FM tuner, 4 TB of on board storage, DVD and BD Roms...So you get the gist. A computer custom built for Windows Media Center use for TV, and Music management. I loved it and was reluctant to make a change. After reading that Microsoft Windows 10 builds would no longer support Media Center users the beginning of the end was near. That's all the push I needed to get into KODI, thanks Microsoft and thanks for my free new Windows10 OS, I do like it!

Its been a year now and I am a convert! I have a 50" HDTV from Hisense that is a Android powered TV and has worked flawlessly with KODI since day one! And yes I do use the FreeTelly version, it makes things extra easy and has everything you need to get started enjoying your gear with minimal fuss!

Last edited: Sep 7, 2016
    ronscat likes this.
  9. ronscat

ronscat Active Member

In my above I said "Beeline". That should have been Beelink. Today I got a Mini M8s Pro from the number one ordering site. It is fully loaded Kodi machine so you guys need to jump at the current price.
    They are starting to phase this quad core out for a new box that is about twice the current price.

10. PR Audio

PR Audio Super Member

I just won a 40" TCL with ROKU at a supermarket (Coke giveaway). Can that Roku software built-in in the TCL be modified?

11. ronscat

ronscat Active Member

I've "read" that no one was successful with the kodi to Roku mod. I had a Roku but didn't try it after reading what other folks said. The Mini that I mentioned 2 posts above is approximately $37
    with kodi 16.1 loaded. It doesn't have optical out but does have hdmi if you have a receiver you can pass through. For about $45 the Beelink comes with an older kodi 16.0 loaded and
    optical out for your stereo/receiver. Gear best has an upgraded computer chip in it for around $70 but still has the 16.0 download. They all look the same and perform about the same in my
    experience.

12. PR Audio

PR Audio Super Member

Vizio is Yahoo platform.

13. Wildcat

Wildcat Audio Sommelier Subscriber

I sometimes need to use *ahem* alternate methods to get local market NHL games since I refuse to get a cable service for one channel. You'd think these sports networks would one day wake up to realize that there are a few of us out here who would pay maybe $5/month for, say, Fox Sports Detroit so we could watch our local teams. I'd rather have one channel I might tune in a couple of times a week, not saddled with 150 others I'll never touch.

I have the basic Kodi on my Nexus Player, but only to play movies on my Synology NAS box. For other TVs in the house, FreeTelly might be something cool to look into.

ronscat likes this.
  14. Markoneswift

Markoneswift Quartz locked n ready to rock

I just installed Freetelly for my brother-in-law on his HTPC and it works a charm. He was finding Kodi + addons a bit frustrationg as he's not into tech stuff so Freetelly simplified the expereince for him.

ronscat and Wildcat like this.
  15. Estring

Estring Shepherd

How do I get Kodi to play on my tv? I would rather watch it on there than on my laptop.

16. ronscat

ronscat Active Member

HDMI to your tv from your laptop.

17. Darksyde

Darksyde Well-Known Member

Get an Amazon fire stick . There is an excellent tutorial on YouTube that shows a step by step installation of Kodi on the firestick.

18. Estring

Estring Shepherd

Yeah, I found a download tutorial on YouTube. All is well now.

19. John Alarcon

John Alarcon New Member