New life for old system

IMAG0367.jpg I also have some 201 ii we bought them 20 years ago at a yard sale for $20 they still sound good but I wasn't going to hook them to my rebuilt amp without rebuilding them first. I also don't think they would do the sa-9100 justice or work as good with my floor plan and to be honest I think the series V are much better looking!

People who grew up around here have a better understanding of Bose anyway, everybody either knew someone who worked there or someone who knew someone who worked there and they have always given employee discount.
Wound up we heard a lot of different Bose speakers in lots of different houses and apartments and plenty of keg parties! They always sounded great!

You are going to love it. I enjoy my SA/TX 9100 combo almost every day in my office since a recap by BlHagstrom. It was having that typical protection problem that seems to be a n issue with these. If you tech still ends up with issues with the protection clicking on, tell him to check the darn internal fuse holders. I like to swap out different speakers all the time with it. Once lamp went out on the tuner dial after I had been in there so I need to get it taken care of here at some point. I am going to include a photo taken from where I am sitting now at my desk so I don't get barked at like you did above. :beatnik:
View attachment 989926
That's a great looking set up! I kinda wish I had got the tx-9100 instead of the 8100! Hopefully it will sound good as new when I get it back.

Awesome track and massive Cat!!
Thanks! That's Fred, he's 19 pounds of muscle! He swallowed a string when he was a kitten and wound up at Tufts animal hospital thanksgiving weekend, cost me $2300 bucks to get the string out!
He's worth every penny!

Well, I talked to with my Tech Friday and he said the tx-8100 was done, looking and sounding great and that my sa-9100 is almost done! He promised it before my 60th birthday party on the 28th :banana: I'm very excited!

Come to find out my Tech is 70 and will be moving to Florida in a couple years or less. Glad I found him when I did!

Well, I talked to with my Tech Friday and he said the tx-8100 was done, looking and sounding great and that my sa-9100 is almost done! He promised it before my 60th birthday party on the 28th :banana: I'm very excited!

Come to find out my Tech is 70 and will be moving to Florida in a couple years or less. Glad I found him when I did!
Happy birthday and congratulations!

Well I installed a shure m97xe onto a new aftermarket sled I bought for my 212. I used the protractor and it looks good in the middle of the slots. It was late last night I will double check this weekend. Getting ready to pick out some records for my party and wash them.

I'm still waiting for the call on my amplifier and getting anxious. I'll post some pictures as soon as I pick it up! I was very tempted to go get the tuner but I'll wait!

They are, and I will dig them out. As I said I replaced one of the woofers with a Non original replacement. I believe that the original had a thick cast aluminum frame? R/S wanted almost as much for a original speaker as I paid for the speakers. I think they were $99 when I bought them new! I wonder if one could be still found? I have no idea where the original one is now.

Back
Top Bottom