New life for old system

Here's a peek at the new main filter caps.
IMAG0587.jpg

This amplifier really wakes up the new 301s
it draws way more bass out of them. I noticed a richness that I wasn't hearing before. Hard to describe but there is something about the sound of the 9100 as people say!

I felt guilty about not de-magn' my deck so before I played too many tapes I picked up a han-d-mag. Should do the job and then some. You usually can't go wrong with the best.

IMAG0612.jpg

Still going strong!
I tried recording Emerson Lake and Palmer 3 album set with audacity.
I picked up a used spin-clean and have started playing our old records, what fun!

IMAG0982.jpg

I found this EP, looks cool! I'll play it later.

IMAG0991.jpg

I couldn't make it to the Frankenfest unfortunately but I thought of all of you!
Hopefully next time!

Actually it's another $350
$620 for both pieces. I'm very happy with that. Should be ready soon!
I'm running the new speakers with an Audio Source AMP 100 and Sony CD player and they sound great! With my somewhat open floor plan you can actually hear stereo from almost everywhere!
I can't wait to get my old amp back and tuner back. It's another biggie off my bucket list! It should sound just like it did in the '70s and look even better!

Not bad re-investmet for for some great sounding equipment, sometimes the fun is in the journey, those 301's will sound great, I've had 901's. 501's, 301's, 201's and a home theater (satellite & Sub) setup, I have a bunch of Bose in my workshop pushed by an old Fisher integrated amp, sometimes the workshop sounds the incredible! Perfect no, enjoyable? ABSOLUTELY

Back
Top Bottom