New life to 84 Marshall Bass Amp

Discussion in 'Musical Instruments' started by M0therG00se, Mar 20, 2017.

1. M0therG00se

M0therG00se Active Member

I wanted to do something nice for my older brother so my buddy let me take the reigns over putting the pieces back together. The speaker is a Celestion 15' bass speaker made in England along with the Amp and I'm guessing the cab too. I rewired the speaker and secured the amp as it was not bolted from up top anymore. After I got it turned on every pot cracked terribly and the power switch didn't power off. Then I took spray and got each pot and did the power switch as well with stellar results. This amp has a great sound and I've heard many types of amps now but I've not heard from any other instrument amp sound full with natural tone. I am not bias to this brand and have had an ear since I picked up guitar/bass/vocals/drums in 5th grade...I'm 27 now so I've had time to hear many setups.

It is 60rms per channel into 8ohms and it does have two seperate inputs for channel A and B. I have a picture I'll post of the back with its specs and also I did some research that points to being quite rare. Funny enough they made 3-4 keyboard combos like this and same decade but is the most powerful of these combos.

This song I play here is The Witcher - Bodacious DF which had members from Jefferson Starship. I'm playing a Fender jazz bass with slight distortion from a pedal. It is by far one of thee sexiest songs I've heard that is up there with Sir Psycho Sexy off RHCPs BSSM.

Enjoy!

Attached Files:

2. M0therG00se

M0therG00se Active Member

Playing along with some Bodacious