New main rig coming together

Speedbump71

Buried in speakers
Things are starting to fall into place.

Repurposed some pieces of a large entertainment center to put my new amp out front, and to separate the home theater system from the 2 channel system. I had to build the 8" base for the center cabinet, I am building a base for the cabinet in the corner now.

I'm still just moving things from one cabinet to another, and deciding which pieces of the collection are actually going to get some time up front. Infinity Kappa 9s will replace the Ohms as I get them finished.

IMG_0288.JPG

Might want to rethink setting the amp on the same shelf as your turntable.

I have gone back and forth on that. I am trying to decide whether I would rather keep all of the interconnects short, and place the TT near the amp, or stack it on the side cabinet and run the line out from the phono preamp 8 ft or so to the preamp in the center. I guess I will just have to see what the noise floor looks like with the cart closest to the power transformer in the amp. My guess is I will probably be better off with short interconnects.

That corner where the other cabinet is gets kind of bassy as well, so I may have more of an issue with that than any electrical noise from the amp. We shall see as things progress.

I have gone back and forth on that. I am trying to decide whether I would rather keep all of the interconnects short, and place the TT near the amp, or stack it on the side cabinet and run the line out from the phono preamp 8 ft or so to the preamp in the center. I guess I will just have to see what the noise floor looks like with the cart closest to the power transformer in the amp. My guess is I will probably be better off with short interconnects.

That corner where the other cabinet is gets kind of bassy as well, so I may have more of an issue with that than any electrical noise from the amp. We shall see as things progress.

Amps tend to vibrate as well. Nothing you could feel with your hand but a sensitive phono cart would pick it up.

I have torn everything off of that wall and (incredibly, with the huge pile of speakers I already have) purchased three new speakers so I can have a matching front stage for the surround setup. My mains will be 2 ch only at last.

Cables are all hidden and managed now. Waiting on C/R/L speakers to arrive so I can finish up.

Back
Top Bottom