New Mc SACD piece!!

Does anybody have any updated information on when the first MCD500 units are scheduled to ship in August? Is it still August?

Does anybody have any updated information on when the first MCD500 units are scheduled to ship in August? Is it still August?

One thing is for certain -- won't be next week & I've heard maybe late month & Ivan reported September. When I inquired, I was told to call someone in the hierarchy mid-next week for a more specific timeperiod.

So, I'll do that & will update this thread.

If all goes to plan we will see them this month.

thanks,
Ron-C
Ron, I sure hope all goes well. My Esoteric unit sold the first day, and I have a line of people wanting to purchase my Tri Vista DAC, but if I sell it I will have to listen to the MS 300 sans DAC. Not the best of sounds. So Push to fill those orders!!

Ron, I sure hope all goes well. My Esoteric unit sold the first day, and I have a line of people wanting to purchase my Tri Vista DAC, but if I sell it I will have to listen to the MS 300 san DAC. Not the best of sounds. So Push to fill those orders!!

Hey now, don't cut the line fella. ;)

:D

One question that hopefully Ron-C could help answer. Can you plug the digital output of the MCD500 back into its own digital inputs without it blowing up? I am presuming so. The reason I ask is that I would like to know whether the Dac (via its digital inputs) would provide a similar sound from an external transport (even another MCD500) than from its own hardwired internal transport.

I plugged my Wadia into the digital inputs of my Accuphase DP700 last night. The sound is dramatically different but I don't know whether it is the transport + digital cable causing the difference or the the fact that the digital inputs handle signals differently than the internal transport signals. If I could direct the digital output back into itself and the sound was very similar to using the Accuphase transport internal signal then I would know the difference is all due to the Wadia + cable. :yes: :scratch2:

Back
Top Bottom