New member. Excited to share my score! (Ads stands available soon)

77Bronco

790BAFEB-7056-4F6B-9739-85BC5D774972.jpeg Well, here is what I lucked into last night. Before seeing the ad, I didn’t know anything about these Braun/ads l810a’s.

Just a little poking around on here, has me feeling pretty good about my $40 score.

Can’t wait to try them out!

They’re just the way I grabbed them. Haven’t even cleaned them up any. Just brought them inside to warm up, as they’d been in a garage in our cold temps here in MI.

I’d love a little feedback on these from those who have or have had some. Can’t wait to post my opinion of these myself.

First, welcome to AK Bret. :beerchug:

I imagine that the ADS bunch will be along soon. Having heard a few different Braun I think that I can agree that you made a nice score, and that you have a nice treat in store when you get them hooked up and warmed up. Congratulations!

Cheers,
James

Welcome to AK, Bret.

"Score" is a word used a lot on this site, but your purchase definitely qualifies as one! Based on hearsay and owner recommendations alone, I've had my antenna extended for any L810 buys that come up around here. I'll bet you are in for audio bliss with these. Looking forward to your impressions.

GeeDeeEmm

Nice! and welcome. You will have some fun here and with those for sure. There are so many models within the ADS family and you have some nice ones there. The great thing too is that there are still ways to restore these as they require with Richard So still available to restore drivers that are all hitting their lifecycle. The cabinets look good other than faded and or a little dry?

Get us a few more photos front and back.

Nice! and welcome. You will have some fun here and with those for sure. There are so many models within the ADS family and you have some nice ones there. The great thing too is that there are still ways to restore these as they require with Richard So still available to restore drivers that are all hitting their lifecycle. The cabinets look good other than faded and or a little dry?

Get us a few more photos front and back.
Will do (more pics).

I plan to spend the evening cleaning them off, then trying them out.

Congrats on the scroe.

Looks like a Bronco in your avatar...roll cage makes me think you may have a long tall flag for it and maybe spend some time at Silver Lake?

Congrats on the scroe.

Looks like a Bronco in your avatar...roll cage makes me think you may have a long tall flag for it and maybe spend some time at Silver Lake?

Good eye, and yes, I have said flag and make my way up there on occasion. Though, I’m more of a trail/camping guy with the bronco (it’s uncut and restored).

Hey Bret!
Welcome to AK! What a way to join with a very nice set of L810's. Those appear to be the earlier models with the large mid mounting plates and early style grills.
There's a LOT of us ADS fanboys here as you will see!
What will you be driving them with?
Cheers, Glenn

View attachment 1104136 Well, here is what I lucked into last night. Before seeing the ad, I didn’t know anything about these Braun/ads l810a’s.

Just a little poking around on here, has me feeling pretty good about my $40 score.

Can’t wait to try them out!

They’re just the way I grabbed them. Haven’t even cleaned them up any. Just brought them inside to warm up, as they’d been in a garage in our cold temps here in MI.

I’d love a little feedback on these from those who have or have had some. Can’t wait to post my opinion of these myself.

$40? You practically stole ‘em!
I have pair as my daily drivers, I like ‘em a lot. FWIW, you can hear them here paired with a Yamaha receiver. http://audiokarma.org/forums/index....r-systems-lets-see-and-hear-it.782592/page-12 Post #237. I lot of folks talk about mid-bass boominess, but that hasn’t been my experience. The midrange and highs are easy on the ears - not laid back, it also not fatiguing. What do plan to power them with?
I’m a former Bronco owner myself (1967). Sold it in 1992 when kids started happening. The vacuum wipers weren’t the best here in the drizzly NW corner of the country, either. Worse in the wet snow when climbing the mountain passes around here.
Welcome to AK - it’s a great site, and a huge wealth of knowledge.

Hey Bret!
Welcome to AK! What a way to join with a very nice set of L810's. Those appear to be the earlier models with the large mid mounting plates and early style grills.
There's a LOT of us ADS fanboys here as you will see!
What will you be driving them with?
Cheers, Glenn

I was gifted a pioneer sx828, by a retiring audiophile coworker. So, that’s what led me to CL and Ebay. Initially just looking for about anything to hook up to it. I stumbled upon AK as I was researching the speakers I was coming across, i passed on many...and simply couldn’t get the ok to purchase many others ($$$). Feel very fortunate to have stumbled upon these. And to think (I hadn’t heard of Braun/ADS), I almost didn’t open the post...but the funky tweed grill drew me in for the look I was after. Then I popped over here and found they were pretty well regarded.

Just really lucked out being the first to contact the guy. Apparently, someone was really hounding him for them...wanting to drive from Chicago to get them.

Fortunately for me, the seller honored the first to contact philosophy...and I bought them, still not really knowing the deal I got until I got home and researched more. Had no real description (model) in the ad. Just “older” speakers.

Any advice on cleaning these up? Things I should/shouldn’t do?

I did learn of the sticky tweeters and mid ranges, as a piece of fabric from the grill was stuck to one tweeter. Lol

The copper color of the tweed had me thinking it was a wire

Jchilds- a 67! Nice. Mine is a 77, so I have electric wipers and gas tank doors. Lol

There’s been several times (with kids happening), that I’ve had to consider parting with the Bronco. Happy to say, I was able to ride those times out...it’s my most prized possession.

In fact, I have two little girls that both want Broncos. :) I still have a few years to play with (oldest is 13), but hoping good fortune leads me to building at least another for them. But man! Have the prices skyrocketed since ‘96 when I bought mine!

Very good score. Be sure to record/put them on the thread where people play their systems. The ADS offerings sound very nice.

Back
Top Bottom