New member. Excited to share my score! (Ads stands available soon)

So, I’m planning to pick up some material tomorrow on my day off to start tinkering with stands.

I’m going to attempt the 800 stands first, since they appear quite simple.

Is there anyone here with a set that could give me some measurements on those? I can get close just by looking at pics, but would like to copy them as exact as I can.

Thanks in advance, and a big thanks to sx-70 for the measurements on the 700 series stands. I’m going to tinker on those too while I’m in the shop.

If you haven’t gotten the dimensions by Wednesday i’ll post them when I get back home. Currently getting rained on like crazy in Hawaii. Which is ironic because it seems half of the Pacific Northwest is here this time of year to escape the rain..

Congrats on the score btw. L810s were the second vintage speaker I got in my rapidly escalating quest to hear great vintage speakers :) ... and they sound fantastic driven by all sorts of different gear

I posted this earlier in the thread but we got excited about the other stands:

The measurements for the F800:

http://audiokarma.org/forums/index.php?threads/ads-speaker-stands-improve-sound.89835/page-2

Quoting @Duffinator:

All are outer dimensions. The bar stock is 1" square, the upright bar stock is 1" x 2". The top back support piece is about 1/12" flat plate with rounded corners on the top and the two holes are about 1/2" in from the tops and sides to the center of the hole and it's 2" x 14". You can calculate the angle from the dimensions given as they may be different from the dimensions given for the earlier (Braun?) style stands.

Bottom-
Front to back: 11.25"
Side to side: 14"

Top-
Front to back: 9.75"

Top-
Height at back: 8.25"
Height at front: 9.25"

I posted this earlier in the thread but we got excited about the other stands:

The measurements for the F800:

http://audiokarma.org/forums/index.php?threads/ads-speaker-stands-improve-sound.89835/page-2

Quoting @Duffinator:

All are outer dimensions. The bar stock is 1" square, the upright bar stock is 1" x 2". The top back support piece is about 1/12" flat plate with rounded corners on the top and the two holes are about 1/2" in from the tops and sides to the center of the hole and it's 2" x 14". You can calculate the angle from the dimensions given as they may be different from the dimensions given for the earlier (Braun?) style stands.

Bottom-
Front to back: 11.25"

Top-
Front to back: 9.75"

Top-
Height at back: 8.25"
Height at front: 9.25"
Awesome! Thanks again!!

I totally missed that info the first time. Like you said, my desire is for the proper stand for my 810’s, so my focus initially went toward those.

One last question, and I think I know the answer. The height...is that from the floor? Or outside edge to outside edge of tubing?

I see there’s what appear to be about 1/4” feet underneath. So, I assume from the floor...making the tubing a nice even number. But, you know what they say about assuming...

Last edited:
Those aren’t original bumpers on the bottom. The original ones look like this:

F7A8E4DD-2A28-46FC-B6ED-6CB409ED8E3C.jpeg

I believe this is a 3M bumpon SJ6146
but it’s an odd size only available if you buy in commercial quantities. There’s another smaller diameter but slightly taller version (SJ5023) available on Amazon and the like.

Last edited:
Good catch on the height and now I’m curious about the other measurements.

Rear height:
EEC9F42D-2489-4B66-971D-DFC49DFF0711.jpeg36656AC5-F785-4CD4-AF4C-6368F7194FF1.jpeg
BA48F6B8-1C4A-4F8F-B644-232AB43F6B99.jpeg

You can see in the final pic measured bottom to top that there’s a thin, 1/16” neoprene foam strip.

Last edited:
Apologize for the suboptimal resolution. I’m due for a new phone.

That’s perfect, thanks!

I can read everything just fine. Huge help! Really appreciate you taking the time.

Should have something to critique soon!

It’s been longer than I had hoped, but...

Coming soon!:

Ads f800 stands. I should have my stainless set made, and jigs made to duplicate by the end of the weekend.

I didn’t forget. Thanks again sx-70! And Charles!

Attachments

• C1C92BE9-CCA0-458F-B03E-62AD4754EFE6.jpeg
    C1C92BE9-CCA0-458F-B03E-62AD4754EFE6.jpeg
    70.9 KB · Views: 44
Last edited:
Soooo, what ever happened? I hate resurrecting old threads but kinda want to know now. :dunno:

Hi All! I have some ADS L710s (metal grills) and a pair of Braun LF700 Legs and would like to add them together :)

Could someone provide the locations on the back of the cabs that I should drill? I guess the important question that would answer everything else is how high off of the ground the speaker should be from floor to bottom of the cab. I know they are pitched back 7.5º so from bottom/back of the cab to the floor?

Soooo, what ever happened? I hate resurrecting old threads but kinda want to know now. :dunno:
I looked at 77's posts and back in Aug '19 he had made a few sets but kids and more kids kept him from the shop. Additionally, he mentioned shipping could be a deal breaker on supplying the US with ADS Stands.

ADS L710s (metal grills) and a pair of Braun LF700 Legs
I would recommend a new thread asking if someone has some speakers using those legs and get an measurement from them. Your post is kinda hidden at the bottom of this thread.

Back
Top Bottom