New member, first setup

A pic of the back of speakers may help with i.d.
Pretty good score for the first time! Now, for the cd player, cassette deck, etc....piece at a time as budget allows. Welcome to the show!:bigok:

A pic of the back of speakers may help with i.d.
Pretty good score for the first time! Now, for the cd player, cassette deck, etc....piece at a time as budget allows. Welcome to the show!:bigok:
Thanks! Yeah, the top priority right now is to get a stylus brush and something to clean my records. I'm not touching the stylus yet and I'm just using microfiber cloth on the vinyl at the moment. I think I'll also get some MOFI inner sleeves to keep records nice after I clean them. After all that I might try my hand at polishing up the dust cover on my turntable with plastx or something similar.

I'm pretty sure this is the cartridge -
https://www.vinylengine.com/library/micro-acoustics/282-e.shtml

I removed it and found the brand name and some kind of part number. Looks like the sticker with the model number came off the front at some point. Hurray! I can set the weight correctly! 1.2 grams is recommended in the manual.

Seems like the MA 282e is a pretty well-liked cartridge after a quick Google search, but I'd be interested to hear what you guys think.

Attachments

• 20180622_120939.jpg
    20180622_120939.jpg
    37.6 KB · Views: 4
Back
Top Bottom