New Member - Intro

Grantorino

Hi All,

New member here and thought I'd post a note here. I've been what you'd call a "hobby audiophile" for about 30 years. I'm still running an Adcom amp, preamp and tuner that I bought over 25 years ago and am amazed how well made and rock solid they've been.

My latest aquisition, from a friend's 82 year old aunt, is a Pilot 707 console. It seems to be a mix between tube and solid state and it actually works (well, the garrard turntable needs a little coaxing, and probably some work, but it does play). This thing is in really nice condition and is super heavy...I'd guess 300 lbs. I'm throwing in a few photos.Looking forward to dong some reading and seeing if I can get the Garrard working better.

Anyway, this looks like a great place to gather info and I'm looking forward to looking around.

iIMG_9823.JPG IMG_9836.JPG IMG_9835.JPG IMG_9840.JPG IMG_9839.JPG IMG_9838.JPG IMG_9837.JPG IMG_9834.JPG

Welcome. Looks like a fun bit of kit. Turntable probably just needs clean and lube plus new stylus (needle). A whole new cartridge wouldn't be a bad idea just in case. The guys in the TT section should be able to help you out.

I bet the tuner is tube and the power amp SS. A good idea to recap at least the power supplies.

Welcome to the machine.

That's a nice looking console. I hope you keep it original. They are a reminder of a past era. Even though some may snub their noses at them, I would love to have few if I had the room.

This is the place to come for help on these things.

Back
Top Bottom