New Member, my system

SingleMalt

Hi, I guess I finally found my site on the net?!:)
I am crazy about vintage hifi, dont know alot but I think it sounds great.

Heres my system:
Marantz Esotec ma-5 monoamps,
Marantz Esotec sc-6 preamp,
Marantz Esotec st-7 tuner (with rackhandles).

This is my main system and I love it:)
I first bought the amp-preamp and then it took me a year before I found the tuner. I currently use the system with my audiopro- bluediamond speakers and I think it sounds great:)

I got some vintage stuff before the Marantz.
I still have the system,its a :
Hitachi hma-8300 amp and hca-8300 preamp.

Now heres my question for you guys, you have any information about any of the above components?
Im greatfull for any info!!
I mean how old are they, any value(besides that they sound great).
Ive been looking for manualls to the Marantz stuff but havent found any.:(

Thankfull for an answer
Singlemalt

Marantz MA-5 esotec mono: 30 watts class a/b sold in 82-84 for $575 new.

SC-6 ESOTEC. class A sold in 79-84 for $550

No info on ST-7 tuner.

Welcome home, SingleMalt!

Glad you found your way to AK! You've got some super gear!
The Esotec, well, it is Esotec! The big Hitachi is pretty special, too.

This IS a special place for those of us that love vintage gear!

Oh, the Hitachi is a 200 wpc Class G amplifier, capable of twice that output for short periods of time. From the late 70s.

Last edited:
Singlemalt

Welcome aboard. You got one helluva sweet system there. Any chance you can post some pics? As for the value of Marantz its carries a pretty nice price tag on it...at least here in the states.

Grumpy

Welcome Singlemalt,nice gear,I trust from your moniker you don't have a twin?

opt80

Welcome singlemalt;

Boy, way to crash into our site. "Hi I'm new and I have a Marantz Esotec system" :eek:

That has been mentioned as the dream system of more then one member of this forum, me included. The question is where do you go from there? Maybe try and score the Esotec turntable! We have yet to hear from anyone that ever even saw one in person or even on a e-bay listing. Super rare I guess.

Anyway welcome and I hope you post often.
Lefty

Gotta love this site! Bully, what a gracious tone to your welcome of singlemalt. Nice system SM, I hope you can post some pictures!

Thanks guys, for making me feel so welcome.:)

I always told my friends that I think it sounds much better than most new stuff I heard, but they looked at me like I was a madman!!
Ofcourse there are some new highend stuff that sound better but then we talking big pricetags.

I actually bought all the stuff from one hifi-dealer. Im not quit sure he knew what he had.:)
For the amp and preamp combo I paid roughly 600$, and for the tuner 350$.
All in perfect working and cosmetic order(well 8-9 out of ten in cosmetic). And with 3 months guarrante.:)
Ive been scanning this site for info about the Esotec, and judging by you guys it should have cost much more.
And like I told my friends, show me a system for 950$ that sounds and looks as good as this one.
They havent shown me one yet.:)
And I will post some pics soon. I have some crappy scanned pics but Im gonna buy a digital cam.:)

Back
Top Bottom