New Member, Pic's of my SST8 DIY MTM's

Kingdaddy

Hello, I'm new to this forum so I thought I would introduce myself and post a pic of a recent DIY project. It's nice to see the DIY community growing and proliferating so well on the internet these days, I'm always on the lookout for any new forums and since I gave up on Audio Utopia I thought I cruse this area, and it seems like a knowledgeable civilized group so I joined up today.

If my attempt to post a picture fails than here is a link to a site that has my last completed project.

Some of you may have already seen this project as I frequent many forums such as AA, AR DIY and my home favorite MAD (Madisound) so forgive the redundancy.

My SST8 DIY Speakers
http://64.33.91.28/kingdaddysst8/index.html

Yes I remember you from your pics back at AU in the early days.

Those speakers are nice, but you've finished them for some time ... is there anything specific you can add with the benefit of time about their acoustic properties that wasn't immediately apparent after you completed them?

BTW - welcome
:)

Howdy Neighbor! I like those Konga looking speakers. Looks like a lot of thought and work not to mention the dineros went into them. Welcome to AK.

Hey king...long time no see. speakers look great! (how about posting pics of your system with a description of components in the gallery section .

When posting pictures of your system (in any of the sections...gallery, DIY, general) you can "upload" directly from the harddrive. When you start a new post, or reply to a post, scroll down a bit...do you see "Attach file:" There you have it...just browse your harddrive and upload the picture.

take care...and let's hear a description of them things.

Thanks for the tip Fish, I wondered why the "Attach File" box didn't work on this forum, I'll try the Gallery tomorrow.

Walt, I can't say much more about the Time Alignment as I have been so busy on other projects and since I just built a new home computer for myself I have to re-calibrate the built in sound card (if possible) for Audia Speaker workshop, which is an unbelievable pain in the tookis. It's hard to justify for now since everything is sounding so good and I can actually tell a difference by tilting the Mid cabinets and moving the tweeter pod in and out, so it's ear adjusted to suite me for now.

My next project will be a pair of sub's, Sono-tube with a twist with either a couple of Tempest or Maelstrom drivers, or maybe even the Tumult or one of the new Aura drivers, anything with major 2"+ X-Max will do.

Thanks for the response guy's

Kingdaddy,

Welcome to AK's DIY Forum. Glad to have a real craftsman aboard. You did a lovely job on those speakers. I think I saw something like that on an original Outer Limits show.

There are several of us here involved in DIY speaker projects including myself. This is da place!

Rob

Back
Top Bottom