New Music at the Fest!!!

Discussion in 'AK Fest 2005' started by botrytis, Apr 20, 2005.

1. botrytis

botrytis Trying not to be a Small Speaker Hoarder Subscriber

Nobody asked this, so what did you hear that was different and new for you at the fest.

For me it was, Roy Gaines - I Got the T-Bone Walker Blues. Hell Yea!! What a great CD - well worth getting.

My wife found - Illinois Jacquet - Birthday Party. Another great CD - If you like Cannonball Adderley you will like this CD.

Dave

2. bigmacc

bigmacc AK Subscriber Subscriber

Right On

botrytis - agreed Roy Gaines; enjoyed my brief listen.

Now on the other side in Grumpy's room ( not his music) Ray played some chant music for tentoze and me that was bad. How bad was it? Well it made tentoze and l beg for even Rap Music! Now that's bad. :D

3. reyneman

reyneman Requiescat in pace

Ah Bigmacc- this is Audio KARMA! I was giving you the opportunity to get in touch with your spiritual side :yes: There are a few bell tones in that recording that go way down into the upper 20s- lower 30s, great if your system can reproduce them (no, the ANs can't, but that is what I was listening for).

I bought the vinyl of Roy Gaines while there. BrianB was playing some tunes I'd like to get, but frankly it was well after midnight and I don't remember what it was :sigh: . Enjoyed it though.

4. tentoze

tentoze Twangophile

Mac,

I was scared it was a prelude to human sacrifice, or Saint James Infirmary again...

5. tentoze

tentoze Twangophile

I would have gladly paid in the upper 20's-lower 30's for relief. :smoke:

Yeh, you never heard music that good, and it wasn't all Brian's, bucko...........

:D

6. CarlV

CarlV AK Subscriber Subscriber

A couple weeks ago they had iton sale for 5 bucks at Down Home Music so I picked it up. Smokin'!

Carl

7. Kegger

Kegger R.I.P. 1/12/1966 - 6/1/2017 Super Mod Subscriber

8. Ski

Ski what? Subscriber

I hear that "Back in Baroque" that day. Very cool. Most of the music I heard was new to me. I've gotta check out that Elevator Music.