New music room. Is it ready?

quiet

Addicted Member
I will finally be using the new room next month. The room is 22 x 30 x 8. The floor is tile on concrete. There appears to be no vapor barrier under the concrete, so it's now ceramic tile on concrete. The walls are 1/2 inch drywall on studs. Insulation is typical. Climate is controlled.
Speakers will go on the (front) 22 ft wall. Amps on a 30 ft wall half way down. Books, lp's and tapes across the room from that.
No open doorways in the room. Two windows centered on the speaker wall 14 ft apart, and two more 4 ft from the speaker wall on each side. Steel/glass entrance door 2 ft from side window. All windows are 4 x 6 ft. No other windows. Wet bar across entire rear wall. Seating somewhere between the speakers and the bar. No tv, or maybe one over the bar.
If it needs wall partitions or anything like that now is the time to do it. Or do you think it's time to setup some sound and go from there?

I think with proper speaker placement, and some strategically placed room treatments, curtains, etc. you will have a great listening area!! Best of luck with it! Give us pics of the progression of the set up!

SOunds pretty straight forward good. As imral says, room treatments at some point to dial it in.

Cool - the speakers will enjoy the freedom. Take advantage of the room length - pull 'em way out from the front wall. :)

But there's a new problem. Dad likes the new room. He's 90. He say's his old stereo will sound very nice in the new room for him and his friends. I told him yes it will.
So I'm still happy to have my own 14x16 sound room.

But there's a new problem. Dad likes the new room. He's 90. He say's his old stereo will sound very nice in the new room for him and his friends. I told him yes it will.
So I'm still happy to have my own 14x16 sound room.

You're a good son. Giving your Dad the room with better acoustic potential says a lot.

I'm gonna set up his old early Altec's and Pioneer tube unit with his Roberts tube reel and Rek-O-Kut table for him and see just what they will do in a full size room. He really didn't know what I had in mind when I was working on the room. To his credit he immediately recognized it's best use. It's all good.

lol..timely I am signed in tonight for 1st time in ages and see this--- I was just thinking if I win on one of the next 2 nights and build a 8,000+ foot dreamhome...one of the rooms will be a 25X35X8 listening room. Nothing but chairs and the system and simple decor/room treatments. yeah we will see. There is a 99.9999999999999999999999999% probability I'll keep on listenin in my crammed 10X12X8 (or likely smaller?) multi purpose everything room.

Back
Top Bottom