new old Hendrix

Filmboydoug

Nikko Freako
Just read on Yahoo news an old Hendrix tape has been found...

Technicians at Sweden's public television have unearthed an unexpected delight for music lovers _ a complete original recording of a Jimi Hendrix concert in Stockholm from 1969 on a tape long thought to have been destroyed.

Anyone else know anything about this yet?

No Shit!!!:zoom: :huge: :huge: :lmao: :yippy: :yippy: : :rockon: :guitar:

"If I dont see you no more in this world I'll meet you on the next one. Don't be late." JMH

Last edited:
Yippie :p: Now if someone could find the 7inch reel Jimi left in the back seat of a cab with the first mix of Side 2 of Axis Bold As Love.
Then we'd really have something. I do hope this new find does come out and we don't have to wait forever.

:D

Stanton

Maybe they are talking about new to the US but pretty sure this stuff has been release over seas in the past. I think it was on an Italian label some years back.

I was a completist collector of Hendrix stuff but gave up long ago since company after company re released the same thing one after another under different names to make a quick buck.

Most of these "just found" tapes sound absolutely horrible. Hendrix was so wasted out of his mind he didn't know where he was. Most of these sounded like they were recorded through a drive in theater speaker.

I used to have a lot of Hendrix rarities on vinyl; Grumy is right, most of it sounded like it was recorded with a tin can and a string. I'm given to understand that there is a large amount of unreleased studio stuff that the Hendrix family controls, though; THAT would be interesting, kinda like all the unreleased Zappa stuff.

Back
Top Bottom