New Outlaw Receiver!

Discussion in 'New Gear - Values' started by jdmccall, May 16, 2017.

1. MannyE

MannyE Exterminate! Subscriber

Hmmmmm. Seems to me you're the one that's been derailing and trashing and then acuse those that try to stop the derailing and trashing of what you have already done.

Now you want to "step outside and exchange blows" do you? I will not. However, if you want to stay here and make out a little I might be up for that. :)

M0therG00se and techguy0192 like this.
  2. lightcapture

lightcapture Active Member

Boy, has this tread derailed off the track for someone considering the virtues of the new Outlaw Retro receiver and if it's right for them. I really hope anyone interested can sort through all the rubble to find some truth here. It would be nice if this thread to continues with more upbeat and positive comments, plus personal experiences on the new Outlaw R2160.

MannyE and fredgarvin like this.
  3. MannyE

You're right... sorry about that.

If it's anything like the 2150, as I said earlier in the thread, I'll be getting one eventually. The only reason I sold the 2150 was to get a Yamaha CR 2020. This one seems to have an even better amp section and as an Outlaw 750 (5 channel HT amp) owner, I can't wait to hear it.

4. automojo

automojo OurBandCouldBeYourLife Subscriber

Well, I for one would like to see anyone here that doesn't have something made from China in their household.
    In my opinion, the consumer should buy what fits his needs. Where a product is manufactured is only one of those criteria.
    It's also nice when those manufacturers take their customers concerns and criticisms into account.
    Instead of thinking of it as a negative, but positive and constructive feedback for future products and designs, that fit those needs better.

5. M0therG00se

M0therG00se Active Member

Outlaw is a great name and it's interesting to see a few here literally let it live up to its name. It's dismiss kindergarten 101 day here and there the negative blows back and forth really muddy the important aspects.

We aren't on strike with China that I know of...

6. automojo

Sure... I agree.
    You know they used to say the same thing about Japan manufacturing years ago, so it's nothing new.
    IMHO it shows a lot of short sightedness and lack of understanding.
    Unfortunately these days people seem to wear that as a badge, and think it's a plus. And many times make it very difficult to carry on a rational discussion, because you can see their posts are full of insults and derogatory terms, so they soon turn that on you. And then they wonder why you're not interested in discussing important issues with them anymore.
    It's really too bad...

Last edited: Sep 22, 2017
    pdbjc and IPADave like this.
  7. IPADave

IPADave AK Subscriber Subscriber

I own an Outlaw RR2150 although I'm not currently using it. I think that it is a good product. I used it for over a year when I got back into HiFi. I stopped using it because I wanted to go the separates route. I would bet that the new receiver would make a lot of people very happy with its performance.

-Dave

8. automojo

Sure... when you think about all the iconic receivers in the 60s and 70s... majority of them were made in Japan.
    As mentioned, I think a consumer should able to pick out a product they like best, without someone with misinformed, and miss guided opinions influence them... in a negative way.

IPADave likes this.
  9. IPADave

IPADave AK Subscriber Subscriber

I agree. I'm tired of the knee jerk anti-Chinese equipment posts. They add nothing to the the discussion.

-Dave

botrytis, arclight73 and hjames like this.
  10. automojo

Yes!!!
    Thanks!
    And you have to remember Audio started out as a hobby.
    A lot of people, including my father built their own equipment
    That's why I have to admire some of this forgein equipment, among other things, for its hand built aspect.
    Pretty cool in my opinion!!

botrytis likes this.
  11. hagbard72

hagbard72 New Member

I've had a lot of issues with Chinese electronics offgassing to the point I can't be in the same room with them. This happens pretty regularly.

12. Jeff K

Jeff K Well-Known Member

Glowing review of the 2160 in December Stereophile. (Herb Reichert falls in love with every component he gets, but full set of measurements from Atkinson.)

13. MannyE

Maybe because they all sound the same? ::runs away laughing:: :rflmao:

fredgarvin likes this.
  14. botrytis

botrytis Trying not to be a Small Speaker Hoarder Subscriber

Start your own thread and show poof.

MannyE likes this.
  15. MannyE

Well said. ::goes to get pitchfork::

16. botrytis

NAH - that is enough :D

17. botrytis

I heard a 2150 and it did sound good but was at a party so I really couldn't critically listen to it.

18. MannyE

Well that's just great. I just lit all my torches.... :)

19. MannyE

I had one for a while and it does sound very good. It especially liked (or my room did) Boston Acoustics A70 speakers. And it mated very well with my Goldring 1012GX cart.

20. fredgarvin

fredgarvin Well-Known Member

I have that same problem with my dog.

botrytis likes this.