1. Time for some upgrades in server hardware and software to enhance security and take AK to the next level. Please contribute what you can to sales@audiokarma.org at PayPal.com - Thanks from the AK Team
    Dismiss Notice

New Outlaw Receiver!

Discussion in 'New Gear - Values' started by jdmccall, May 16, 2017.

1. botrytis

botrytis Trying not to be a Small Speaker Hoarder Subscriber

As long as it is not your wife :D

fredgarvin likes this.

Please register to disable this ad.

2. fredgarvin

fredgarvin AK Subscriber Subscriber

She'd be sleeping in a kennel too.

3. automojo

automojo OurBandCouldBeYourLife Subscriber

Really!? Haven't had that issue. I have a Maverick D1 plus, and a $29 Tube Buffer off Amazon, that are built as solid as anything stateside, Japan etc. The tube buffer blows my mind at the price. Well designed (same circuit design as the MF 10XD) super quiet, great specs, and highly musical. IMHO as consumers it's nice to have lots of choices at different price points. Every has their own opinion as far as the political aspect. IMHO a lot of people play that game for their own personal weird reasons. Whatever.......I'll leave that to the so called experts, and stick with enjoying music.

MannyE likes this.
  4. opa1

opa1 Tenacious Subscriber

Has anyone used the HP section of the RR? If so, what HP's(Ω) were you using? I'm wanting to see about the performance with higher impedance phones.(300Ω).

5. Gaeilge

Gaeilge New Member

I have some Sennheiser 650s, and if I am not mistaken, they are 300 ohms also. The headphone output of the 2160 sounds great but only does an okay job with tougher loads. It drives the 650s, but they don't get loud by any means and I find my self listening at close to max output when I do use them which is very rare.

I suppose you could use the record output to feed an external HP amp.

6. Gregoire

Gregoire Turn up the music, HI as FI can go... Subscriber

But.... should I upgrade my 2150 with the 2160?... and why?

Please register to disable this ad.

7. MannyE

MannyE Exterminate! Subscriber

That right there is a great question. Luckily Outlaw has a great return policy.

I would also call them and ask if they can upgrade your 2150. Before I sold mine, I sent it back and they put in the latest firmware and replaced the USB board bringing it up to the spec of modern 2150s. Mine was one of the first units.

Last edited: Mar 12, 2018
  8. lightcapture

lightcapture Well-Known Member

The 2160 is a complete redesign compared to the 2150, not just an updated version. Look at photos of inside and you'll see what I mean. I also talked to Outlaw and the 2160 is a completely new in-house design w/ building of it subbed out.