"New" Pioneer SA-7100

Glen B

I just got this new Pioneer SA-7100. Its condition is super clean inside and out. There are only some minor blemishes on the side panels.

SA-7100_01.jpg

SA-7100_02.jpg

SA-7100_03.jpg

SA-7100_05.jpg

Last edited:
That would make a nice match for my $10 near mint tx 7100.Work it and see what happens.It should be great once you get the bugs worked out.

The SA-7100, 8100 & 9100 are fantastic integrateds. They have some incredible sound and the 9100 has a cult following here at AK.

Your 7100 probably just needs a good cleaning with deoxit to fix that channel dropping problem. Try that first before you do anything else to it.

Enjoy. :thmbsp:

The 7100 is a piece of equipment that i will always enjoy. When i was a kid my dad always had his old 7100 in the closet for a spare. Whenever something happened we'd pull that out, run it as a pre amp, or just use it as a receiver. Unfortunately there was something wrong with in his in the late 90's and it went away.

Last year my brother had found a seller on that site that was clearing out his studio and had 3 of these for sale so he picked one up. The phono jacks and many others either need a good cleaning or need to be replaced. Me and my bro also use this amp as a back up when needed. He runs it right now as a pre amp on his Studio reference amp and 301's until his Bose pre amp comes out of the shop.

After he gets his pre back we are gonna split the cost and donate the 7100 back to my dad. I guess the sayin history repeats is somewhat true in this sense.

I have an SA-7100- not as nice looking as Glen B's- but my sister found at a thrift for $10 and it came with a Kenwood KT-5500 that works, except for all the dial lamps.

This amp does sound surprisingly nice for a lower model in the line. I'm planning to use it in my office system, once I get it cleaned up.

The engraved lettering is a nice touch, as is the wood case.

The closest I think you'll get for an equalizer is the SG-9500, which matches the SA-7500 better than the SA-7100. I don't think there were any EQs for the lineup with the SA-7100.
The matching tuner would be a TX-7100.
The CT-F7171 and other similar CT-Fx1x1 cassette decks would also go well with it.
There are a few turntables that would go well with it as far as matching the generation of the SA-7100. Perhaps a PL-71?

You can look here for options: http://www.audiokarma.org/forums/showthread.php?t=59826
Check the manufacturing years for stuff around 1974.

Love the look of the TX-7100, the SG-9800 is my EQ I'm looking at. I'm guessing these would all go well with a pair of HPM's.

Just found tuner & amp sa 7100 pair...recycling bin.....free in original boxes...pics soon.

Sure.

OP, a keeper. Low mileage. Kudos to the original owner or whoever did a cleanup. That engineering and construction like that turned into BPC is a crime.

Last edited:
Hello guitarpick Welcome to AK. Check out HiFi Engine for service and owners manuals. Great find on the tuner and amp. Found a working Toshiba DVD player/recorder that was being thrown out. Question what speakers are you driving with the integrated amp?

This is how I matched my 8100; CT-F1000, RT-707 and Technic PL1500 all running a set of Heresy IIs that have been recapped and updated drivers. This is in the guest bedroom.Guest BR.jpg

Your SA-7100 looks like it is in fantastic condition, this series of SA's are very nice as has already been said, I am currently repairing an SA-8100.
May it be singing nicely for you soon.

Back
Top Bottom