New Project Automobile for THOR!!!!!

THOR

Fearless Prophet
A buddy came into work today driving a car I've always had a thing for, was in rough shape, needs some work, I asked him what he was doing with it and he said he was gonna fix it up and sell it. I asked him what he'd take right now and the price was right and long story short it is sitting in my driveway tonight!!!!!

Any ideas what it could be?

I will give some hints, the manufacturer's name begins with a "M" and the model also begins with an "M" and one of our OG's (original members) has one. Guess away, if no one gets it I will reveal the car tommorow along with some pictures :D

I know you couldn't fit your Big Ass into an MG :p:

Maybe iffen ya had one for each cheek :eek:

Well, I couldn't resist. The lyrics to one of my favorit songs ("What Do You Want From Life", by the Tubes) has a lot of 'M' word cars in it...

a dream date (in kneepads) with Paul Williams,
a new Matador, a new mastodon,
a Maverick, a Mustang, a Montego,
a Merc Montclair, a Mark IV, a Meteor,
a Mercedes, an MG, or a Malibu,
a Mort Moriarty, a Maserati, a Mac truck,
a Mazda, a new Monza, or a moped,
a Winnebago--Hell, a herd of Winnebago's we're giving 'em away,
or how about a McCulloch chainsaw,
a Las Vegas wedding,
a Mexican divorce,
a solid gold Kama Sutra coffee pot,
or a baby's arm holding an apple?

And if you 'get' all those references, congratulations, you're at least as old as I am, and you probably have just as much trouble doing simple math since destroying all your brain cells in 1979 and you know why you have to trade in a Ford Maverick if you spill bong water in the back seat.

And you should be laughing yer butt off about the reference in that last line. You young pups, ya.

Best,

Wiggy

AHA! Celt wins! It is a 1991 Mazda Miata ;) And my fat ass DOES fit in it easily thank you very much :D Pics to follow tommorow ;)

Originally posted by jerrymrc
White punks on dope! Don't touch me there! I have 3 tubes albums! Love them all.

The Wigster was born in Illinois, but grew up in Denver. My first concert was Alice Cooper at McNichols in 1977.

Dig them Tubes. Fee Waybill - cool guy.

Best,

Wiggy

Dang, got here too late to guess.

I was going to guess something like:
a new Matador, a new mastodon,
a Maverick, a Mustang, a Montego,
a Merc Montclair, a Mark IV, a meteor,
a Mercedes, an MG, or a Malibu,
a Mort Moriarty, a Maserati, a Mac truck,
a Mazda, a new Monza, or a moped,
or a baby's arm holding an apple? :D

I sat in a Miata years ago but my head stuck up above the windshield :rolleyes:

Here is our weekend toy.

windzor.jpg

That car is ....soooooo....cool....i still want one....

The closest thing I had was a '93 Ford Probe GT...I reely liked that car ...but it had issues....the 'AC' didnt work and the previous owner had the motor changed...one from a '94 was put in...with the engine wiring harness...and it didnt match up with the connector on the car...so it had dash lights on all the time...but it ran fine ...even in the coldest day of winter...not so much as a hiccup.....

The other thing I liked bout it was .....the stereo sounded killer ...thats where the subwoofer in my gallery picture came from....

I'm in the market for a new car.....and I'm considerin another one......to me they are in the same class as the miata...just a little bigger.....

I'd post a picture ...but.......

There is, or was, a fiberglass kit to convert the first Gen Miatas into a BMW clone.....no foolin! It was pretty convincing too.

I'm waiting for an affordable Mach 5 replica but would settle for a Lancia Stratos (talk about esoteric!)

Anthony

Back
Top Bottom