New purchase: Linn LK2 amplifier: info request

qboneus

I just recently purchased a linn LK2 off of ebay and was wondering if anyone has any info about this amp like MSRP, wattage, year of manufacture,ect, ect..
The net is pretty lacking in any info about linn equipt.
I would love anything you may have, even opinions.
Thanks for reading and replying.
Tal

I notice that the inputs on this amp look to be XLR's, My Nakamichi Pre only has rca outs how would one go about converting the rca's to xlr (of the highest quality possible)
Has anybody done this or have any experience doing a conversion like this? HELP! Please,I want to have this all ready to go when my new baby arrives.
thanks,
Tal

Thanks,
This is my first Linn, I bought it on reputation as I donot really know much about Linn.
I paid $272+shipping for this amp is that a decent deal?
Also the e-manual said the spk lugs are a 4mm?
Where are these purchased?
is 4mm the standard dimension for bananna plugs or is this something different?

As far as I can tell it appears to be a 75WPC model but the seller was pretty vague as he really doesn't know much other than it was working in the set up he had removed it from.

Thanks to all whom reply.
Warmest wishes,
Tal

Last edited:
LINN
PWR, LK- 2

Description:

Manufacture Years: 1985 - 1988

Additional Information:
Power: 75

Retail
MSRP: $1,000.00
USED: $275.00
Wholesale
Mint: $150.00
Average: $90.00

Those 4mm banana plugs are the British standard and are in fact the same size plug as on your MF amp Tal.

Mike

thanks mike,
Looks like I overpaid a little but, damn it I wanted it to bi-amp with the A100 into my Vandersteen 2's.
I think I will probably run the Vandy's with the Linn on the Lower end and the MF A100 on the mid/tweet side.

Thanks for the help with the spec's.
Take care,
Tal

Originally posted by qboneus
I notice that the inputs on this amp look to be XLR's, My Nakamichi Pre only has rca outs how would one go about converting the rca's to xlr (of the highest quality possible)
Has anybody done this or have any experience doing a conversion like this? HELP! Please,I want to have this all ready to go when my new baby arrives.
thanks,
Tal
if you can obtain XLR and RCA plugs on the cheap, ..
it is quite easy to convert XLR to RCA, .. just use some good quality cable (maybe microphone cable) and short pins 1 and 3 of the XLR to ground RCA, pin 2 to +ve RCA, .. this should be fine for short interconnect runs

i think the other alternative is some kind of impedance matching transformer

if you can't obtain XLR and RCA plugs cheap locally, it may work out better to buy the ready made adaptors online.

Thanks everybody!
I have the materials and the pin configuration for the Linn and have the IC's half completed, I just have to decide on what length to terminate at and connect the XLR's.
OH YEAH and get the amplifier. :pawprint: :pawprint: :pawprint:

Coolsmilie!

Don't think I have seen it used until now so here it is:pawprint:

Warmest wishes,
Tal

Linn LK2

Hi,

I used to work for a Linn dealer when the LK1/LK2 combo came to market.

The original LK2 was rated at 60W/Ch. A posterior update (LK275) took it up to 75W/ch and its last incarnation, the LK280, was rated at 80W/ch. All models doubled up their power at 4 ohms, so they would be 120/150/160W/ch respectively.

You can check which one you have in my Linn history web site at:

http://home.coqui/net/vicdiaz/linnhist.htm

Enjoy it!!!:D

Vic

Welcome. Anyone who gives Thor a hard time in their first post is OK in my book. :D

Oh yeah your link does not work.

Grumpy

Back
Top Bottom