New Record storage!

Roypercy

View attachment 1005910 Hey all:

For a number of years I've been keeping my system and records on a heavy, fugly MDF unit I built myself. After we repainted our living room recently, the wife and I decided it was time for a modest upgrade.

I'd wanted an IKEA Kallax shelf in red, but they discontinued that color. So I went with the Better Homes and Gardens knockoff, actually a little cheaper (when I got it) from Wal-Mart.

It's more of a dark red, almost a burgundy, than the fire-engine red IKEA counterpart (I have a red Kallax 4-cube unit in my office at work). Fit and finish aren't quite as nice as the IKEA version, and it struck me as slightly less robust - but I might be wrong about that. Anyway, I wound up putting small, unnoticeable angle brackets underneath the middle shelves, just to give it some more stability under load, and put on 6 casters from Lowe's, which makes it super easy to move if I want to swap cables or whatever. I think it turned out pretty good! Holds more records than the one I had built, and looks kind of snazzy, What y'all think? (Sorry it's a cloudy day and hard to get a decent pic of the colors with my iPhone)

IMG_3988.jpg

I think the casters are a great idea. Wrestling with a cabinet full of records is an activity fraught with peril.
Good looking set up.

Back
Top Bottom