New releases, 2015

eljr

Koyaanisqatsi
I am starting this thread to (hopefully) highlight some of the great new music as it is released.

It's only two plus weeks into January and I already found several good recordings.

The first I'll offer up is
Chris Potter Underground Orchestra / Chris Potter
Imaginary Cities

MI0003817603.jpg

Genre, Jazz

All Music gives it 4 1/2 stars (out of 5)

it's a bit experimental but not enough to scare anyone away.
Two bass players are used on this recording, one acoustic, one electric which help form the musics staff

Enjoy!

Hey I posted a link in that other awkward thread about the Wikipedia album releases of 2015 very comprehensive and interesting covering all genres. It's funny though cause just heard there is à release come late February I am very keen on getting on vinyl, and it's the 40 year ànnivearay of physical graffiti on a remaster!!!! With "new" extra songs never heard before.... That's cool. I like your thread too, great idea!! :thmbsp:

I would not call Jazz new music, but I will play along.

This just in,

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1421797379.217099.jpg

This space intentionally left blank.

Hey I posted a link in that other awkward thread about the Wikipedia album releases of 2015 very comprehensive and interesting covering all genres. It's funny though cause just heard there is à release come late February I am very keen on getting on vinyl, and it's the 40 year ànnivearay of physical graffiti on a remaster!!!! With "new" extra songs never heard before.... That's cool. I like your thread too, great idea!! :thmbsp:

Maybe you can post that link here too? :thmbsp:

That would be great.

Thanks, what are your thoughts on it?

I have not heard it yet. But since she is covering Sarah Vaughn, it can't be too shabby. I also won another prize from martini in the morning, and this may be it. I don't want to end up with two. :-0

This space intentionally left blank.

what are your thoughts on it?

I got it in the mail Tuesday, have not had a chance to listen yet.

Too much other new, good stuff came the same day. :yes:

A little more pop than their usual, a fair mix of styles, not a theme album. And the cunning linguist has a song about...
I like it, 3.5 / 5. It may grow on me, too.

Back
Top Bottom