New Retired North Carolina Music Lover

XrayDave

Hi All - just joined the forum on the recommendation of a moderator from the iPad Forums - not sure what his name may be here?

I'm a retired academic radiologist (Professor Emeritus, Wake Forest University Medical Center) - subspecialty was abdominal imaging, hence part of my name and avatar.

Interests include traveling (Civil & Revolutionary Wars buff - so a LOT to see in North Carolina and adjacent states), woodworking, computers, wine, reading, and a few more. I'm active on several computer forums, Good-Music-Guide (post a lot on my classical music listening & movie watching there), and a woodworking forum - a member on Facebook but not there that often - just family members.

So, will explore the forums here and hopefully get involved. Dave

Thanks all for the warm welcome - Kevin pointed me here - we've known each other in the iPad Forums and more recently in the Mac-Forums - live in the western side of the Piedmont Triad. Concerning the avatar, I found the image on the web years ago - I was in the section of Abdominal Imaging, sub-specializing in GI, GU, and Ultrasound, hence the use of the pic.

Concerning music, I'm mainly a 'software' guy - own nearly 6K CDs (collecting since 1984), about 2/3 are classical music (many boxes w/ multiple CDs included in that sum); the other 1/3 primarily jazz, blues, country (older), bluegrass, and a number of other genres in lesser amounts, but I listen mainly to classical musical and jazz (also older) these days.

My AV equipment isn't worth putting in my signature - works well for me but modest - does include a HDTV & BD player - BIG fan of movies and own about 800 commercial DVD/BD (2/3 now BDs), also about 700 DVD-Rs that I've burned from the TCM channel over the years. Dave :)

Back
Top Bottom