New Sansui database

Paul:

I can imagine the database is keeping you very busy - as long as there will be Sansui listings coming on Ebay (which there will be), then it looks like you have just assigned yourself a long-term project :)

As I made mention of in one of my previous messages, at some point the Dates will have to be corrected so that they are accurate. For example, the B-3000 is listed as 1980-1983 which is way off. Simple proof: the new logo. The new logo was put on Sansui units in mid-to late 1987, thus B-3000 cannot date to earlier than that.

B/F :king:

B/F:

Yes, busy .. but since I'm "semi" retired I can spare some time for my hobby. I'm actually enjoying the challenge (BUT I'll deny I ever said that if challenged in court :) ).

As for dates, I'm going to add a "decade" field. To load that field I will need help (yours). Most of the models are straight forward but I need a list of 60's and 80's (and 90's) models if you can help me.

Paul

Last edited:
Sansui database is *pregnant*

Good news for those of you who are following this thread and using the data from the Sansui database currently hosted on my server;

Thru the magic of "importing & formatting" code conversions, I was able to add 100's of models and the Sansui database now contains 881 models from the beginning to somewhere in the late 90's.

Also, I have fixed the serial number DATES to reflect the correct decade.

I think it's time to pass this sucker over to AK to handle I'm worn out.

Paul

Last edited:
Is it really necessary to include coverage from most of the 1980's or any of the 1990's ?

Grumpy said:

Is it really necessary to include coverage from most of the 1980's or any of the 1990's ?

Absolutely not.

However, it's better to have the data there and skip reporting it that to decide later that enough people want the 1980's stuff :)

What I can NOW do is I can report selectively by "decade". So if enough people on AK want, I can limit the reports to 1960's and 1970's.

Or - I can produce reports by decade.

That's the beauty of a carefully constructed relational database :thmbsp:

So, AK'ers - what say you?

Paul

Well Paul, since you have been doing most of the work its ultimately up to you to decide. I know the Sansui equipment from the 1970's is the most popular but Sansui did make some Great products in the 1980's which I think very highly of. And if you read Isao's comments on the sansui.us site, Sansui made some excellent amplifiers in the 90's as well. I dont think there is a need to worry too much about it, as there arent that many 1990's Sansui units that come along on Ebay anyway, so there will be noticeably fewer of them in the database listings compared to the 80's & 70's models. I might even venture to say, there will be more 1960's models in the database than 1990's models!

I check the Sansui listings on Ebay regularly anyway, and I email a copy of any model with photos that interest me (or utilize a site like www.backflip.com which can store a virtually infinite amount of webpages) so, if you prefer not to have any 90's models or whatever, it wouldnt really matter to me, I'd just make a list/database for myself of any newer Sansui's that interest me.

B/F

At the moment, I don't have an Excel download for serial numbers but I will have shortly. That way you can d/l it and extract what you need.

There is a Excel d/l of the model data - which now exceeds 880 units. That Excel extract includes the Lo$-Hi$ ranges for each model that has at least 1 eBay sale - so it's ideal for someone who is interested in a current price range for a Sansui model.

The prices data now exceeds 400 sales.

Paul

Back
Top Bottom