New Score: SX-1050

Pioneer727 said:
Anyone can misjudge. The time I had this 1050 in front of me was spring of 04 when I cleaned it for my brother this was before I had received my G-7700 and my 50 year old memory had played some tricks on me in the passing of time between the units. The G-7700 is a great receiver but in the recent A/B the SX-1050 has come out on top. I know I strayed from the fold and took a trip to the darkside But I am back. :D

Ron

The a/b deal is a good way tell the difference right away. I never heard a 1050 yet (or any Sansui for that matter) and wanted to buy one soley on reputation. Anyway that explains that...and welcome back from the dark side, (of the moon) :lmao: .... Oh, yeah, "50 year old memory?"....welcome to the club brother. Heeheehee... :D

If the one you are getting sounds like the one I have in front of me you are going to be stunned. I just may stay up for a while longer cant get enough of it. let me know what you think of yours. :thmbsp:

Ron

Pioneer727 said:
NewYorkview did you get it yet?

Ron

No, 727 not yet. Still some time to go. The auction ended last Thurs. And I sent the m.o. on Sat. My guess he might have gotten it today if not tomorrow. It should show up next week. I wish I could post pictures of it, but I don't have the capability to do it. Don't even own a digital camera yet. Maybe I can get a friend to do it. :scratch2: Ed

Pioneer727 said:

Ron

No, 727 not yet. Still some time to go. The auction ended last Thurs. And I sent the m.o. on Sat. My guess he might have gotten it today if not tomorrow. It should show up next week. I wish I could post pictures of it, but I don't have the capability to do it. Don't even own a digital camera yet. Maybe I can get a friend to do it. :scratch2: Ed

Hope you have great luck with it. Mine on the other hand needs all new caps in the power supply. From the 2 power supply caps that I had found to be leaking to a total recap of the power circuits :cry: I am vary lucky I found that out before I put it into real service.

Ron

Pioneer727 said:

Ron

I was in touch with the seller. He said his wife told him the payment just arrived yesterday. I know about snail mail but that's way too slow :scratch2: ...anyway he's on the road and won't be back till Weds. He handles all the heavy packing. That means it won't ship out till Thurs. It should get here by the following Thurs or Fri. Just a update since you ask you about it last week. I will post pics. :yes: Enjoy your Sunday. Eddie

Looks like we are both waiting to hear are 1050's Michael Percy Audio where I am getting the power supply Caps for my 1050 wont be able to handle my order till the 9th of August :cry: so I may be looking at the 15th till I can hear mine. Here is hoping you get yours soon.

Ron

Don't cry. :cry: These set backs can really eat up some time. Time well worth waitng. When mine comes I will send it out for new caps and for sure it won't get back before 7 weeks. That's how long it took my 980 to come back. Now I'm enjoying it immensely. (Just love turning that tunning knob.) Hang in there. Eddie

Well I just joined the club traded my Sansui G-7700 for my brothers SX-1050 and sold him my Sansui 8080. Now all of my receivers are Pioneer.

Are you nuts???.........just kidding. I ride the fence on these receivers. Both brands are great! I personally have a Sansui G9700, Pioneer SX1280, Sansui 8080DB, and a Pioneer SX880, as well as other Kenwood, Pioneer, and Marantz gear. I really like the sound and clarity the G9700 has, but equally enjoy the SX1280.

Back
Top Bottom