New Score

Pioneer727

SEMPER FI
Well I did it. I have been missing my SX-727 for 2 years now and I did something about it today I purchased one for $100.00. Its going to be my bedroom system. Ah to be put to sleep by the 727 life is good :banana: :banana:

How many of you own this great mid size receiver? :scratch2:

Ron

RocknRoll said:
I know you have had a long time interest in the 727. I have a 626 and 828. The 727 is alot like the 828.

Yes I do the 727 is what got me back into Vintage Stereo I purchased my first one 3 years ago at a yard sale for $10 and it went on me 2 years ago. Do you have a pic of your 828?

Ron

There are buttons on the 727 and switchs on the 828. I like the 727 and 636 because of this. I think big buttons are sexy on vintage silver gear.

Sweet!!

Glad you got a 727. Sold a nice one two years ago. Gave it away! :sigh: Wish I had it back. Need a receiver for my college bound daughtor. Working on some now! Nice find!

Eric

I recentley picked up two 727's for seventy five bucks and was very impressed by the sound and the build quality. Both units are in very good condition. What impressed me the most is the tuner in these are very good.It's like having a late 70,s TOTL receiver's tuner in a smaller package.

I'd gladly trade straitght across my nice sx850 for a sx727 right now if I didn't have to hassel with shipping.

Congrats on getting your baby back. I just traded a fellow Ak'er a SX-727 and I already miss her. Wonderful warm sound and looks that are hard to beat. Enjoy it and never let it go again!

oldhifiguy said:
I'd gladly trade straitght across my nice sx850 for a sx727 right now if I didn't have to hassel with shipping.

I would even toss in a sansui 8 when I get the tuneing string back together.
But all I want is a 727, no others.

Last edited:
Crotalus

Congrats on getting your baby back. I just traded a fellow Ak'er a SX-727 and I already miss her. Wonderful warm sound and looks that are hard to beat. Enjoy it and never let it go again!

YOU CAN"T HAVE HER BACK!!! She's mine all MINE

Here is a picture of her in her new home. :yes:

When I got my first 727 back in 2002 I was looking for info on it and found little on it joined AA and the members there told me it was a fair midfi receiver but not worth much. Since it had me hooked on vintage I sold it to get a bigger Receiver the SX-980 its a great receiver but I found myself missing the 727. Then I joined AK and found the error of my ways. I have got a few more receivers
one for each room but the bedroom was missing one and the 727 came back to my mind . Now I feel complete. :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

Ron

Last edited:
Well my new baby should be here on April 7th . Cant wait to hook her up to my main systen and hear how she sounds None of this was here when I had the other one. This is going to be fun. :banana: :banana: :banana:

Ron

Pioneer727 said:
Well I did it. I have been missing my SX-727 for 2 years now and I did something about it today I purchased one for $100.00. Its going to be my bedroom system. Ah to be put to sleep by the 727 life is good :banana: :banana:

Ron

Ron:
I think it's a good thing you are finally getting a 727. There has been much PM talk around AK about the fact you were using Pioneer727 as a screen name but didn't own one. I even read discussion from a couple members suggesting a suspension might be in order.

Not sure what admins were thinking but I'm certain they are aware of the situation. Fortunately your April 7th delivery date isn't very far away and should hold off those pressing for action. Might want to post when it arrives and maybe even post a photo.

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Terry

Back
Top Bottom