New Setup! (Marantz Gear Inside)

TDTM

Hi all!

New guy here. I figured I would skip the personal introduction and jump straight to what (I assume) everyone is here for... the gear.

This is a setup I've managed to put together over the past couple of months. Also to note, this is my first setup ever. If you have any pointers, upgrade suggestions, or see anything out of whack, please let me know!

Turntable:
Marantz 6370Q (in original box)

IMG_2938.JPG IMG_2924.JPG IMG_2820.JPG

Cartridge:
Shure V 15 Type IV (came installed with turntable)

I have an Ortofon 2M Blue that I have yet to install. I'm honestly looking for a matching headshell to pair it with. Of the two, what cart would you guys run?

Receivers:
Marantz 2252B
- Recently serviced
- LED upgrade
Marantz 2235 w/ wood case
- Isn't fully functional
- I just cleaned faceplate and refinished the wood case
IMG_3075.JPG IMG_3074.JPG IMG_3046.JPG

Speakers:
Marantz HD-880

IMG_3065.JPG

I also have a Beogram 1600 and BeoVox S-45.2's in the mix. I couldn't pass them up.

Anyway.. enough rambling. I hope you all enjoy looking at these photos as much as I love listening to this setup.

Beautiful! Welcome to AK!

Edit: Love my Shure on my AR-XA but can't comment on the Ortofon.

Last edited:
Nice system. There's nothing quite like the look and sound of vintage Marantz.

I'd run the Shure cartridge. I've found I like the old Shure carts with vintage Marantz.

Sweet!

I've run an Ortofon 2M Red and I love it; I've heard the Blue is even better. Haven't used Shure, so can't comment on that.

Nice 'first set up ever' you have there. What drew you to purchasing full vintage Marantz for a first system?

Thank you! It's been a long time coming. A friend of mine has a 2230. I loved everything about it. So, from there, I got to digging around. The more I dove into the Marantz world, the more I liked what they had to offer. They sound great, and I really enjoy their aesthetics. I ended up finding a really good deal on the HD-880's, the 2252B and a 6170, as a set, so I pulled the trigger. The 6170 wasn't quite what I wanted, so I went looking for something more. Then, I found that 6370Q, practically new in the box. Needless to say, I couldn't pass it up. I guess I'm just one of those guys that has to have everything match.

Cool setup ! Despite what you might think, we do actually like to know about the person behind the gear as well - tells us a bit about yourself, your musical tastes and such like. Welcome :)

Okay, okay, okay.. If you insist!

I'm an east Texas native that works as a Tour Manager for bands. I'm on the road a lot, but I guess you could consider Tyler, Texas, my home base.

When it comes to music, I'm all over the spectrum. Some of my favorites include ZZ Top, JJ Cale, Swamp Dogg, Sturgill Simpson, Paul Cauthen, John Mayer, Waylon Jennings, & Johnny Paycheck.

Great system and nice attention to aesthetics. Really, nice work there.

You might try one cart on each TT for a while in an A/B experiment on each receiver, then swap them for more A/B if the geometry is the same. You will then have the best combinations identified. You may find that certain combinations have different strengths and weaknesses.

Just to complicate things further, perhaps another set of speakers, so each system has its own pair. Folks will probably chime in with their favorites, but my vintage Marantz like Klipsch Heritage. Cornwalls and Heresys specifically, both series 1.

Good looking gear you have there. Don't forget about the music, though. Without it the gear has no purpose. The point is to have the best possible listening experience, right? Tell us about building your combinations and what you listened to to determine what worked or not.

edit- Missed the BeoVox part earlier.

Last edited:
Hi all!

New guy here. I figured I would skip the personal introduction and jump straight to what (I assume) everyone is here for... the gear.

This is a setup I've managed to put together over the past couple of months. Also to note, this is my first setup ever. If you have any pointers, upgrade suggestions, or see anything out of whack, please let me know!

Turntable:
Marantz 6370Q (in original box)

View attachment 1060695 View attachment 1060697 View attachment 1060699

Cartridge:
Shure V 15 Type IV (came installed with turntable)

I have an Ortofon 2M Blue that I have yet to install. I'm honestly looking for a matching headshell to pair it with. Of the two, what cart would you guys run?

Receivers:
Marantz 2252B
- Recently serviced
- LED upgrade
Marantz 2235 w/ wood case
- Isn't fully functional
- I just cleaned faceplate and refinished the wood case
View attachment 1060741 View attachment 1060738 View attachment 1060701

Speakers:
Marantz HD-880

View attachment 1060693

I also have a Beogram 1600 and BeoVox S-45.2's in the mix. I couldn't pass them up.

Anyway.. enough rambling. I hope you all enjoy looking at these photos as much as I love listening to this setup.
First ever? Damn, Son! You did good! Welcome to the forum. :thumbsup:

Back
Top Bottom