New silkscreening on faceplates?

Rxonmymind. I have the 2500 main plate that I described getting anodized above. It is a clean, blank, clear-coated plate (same as the 2385, 2600) with no printing. Thought I might get it printed and put on the Bay but never got to it. The issue with these is trying to match them up with the finish of the inner dial plate. Anyway, message me if interested. Do not have the time presently to get the printing done so it would be just the blank plate.

Are you sure the smaller fonts are engraved/stamped? As I recall I looked into some engraved units way back and concluded only the upper model #, logo and component description along the upper left, middle and right edge was actually engraved.
I agree with bberkom's suggestion although it might prove a bit costly in the end. Pretty much all printed surfaces that are etched, stamped or engraved have a masking paper over them which is then knifed, or laser cut digitally then painted. My guess is that Marantz actually pressed these plates instead of engraving given the available technology back then.
I have looked closely and the small print at the bottom is definitely engraved (or stamped). Matching this up with artwork would be a real challenge.

Rxonmymind. I have the 2500 main plate that I described getting anodized above. It is a clean, blank, clear-coated plate (same as the 2385, 2600) with no printing. Thought I might get it printed and put on the Bay but never got to it. The issue with these is trying to match them up with the finish of the inner dial plate. Anyway, message me if interested. Do not have the time presently to get the printing done so it would be just the blank plate.
James
Very generous of you. I'll send a pm when I'm done with my to do list today.
Cheers.

Tony is extremely busy and I have stepped up to the "plate" to help him out.
Currently the black laser etched 140,250M,1060,2220B,2230,2245,2250B,2270,2275,2325 and 4400 faceplates are the ones being produced.
I have been asking about the two piece faceplates(silver B units ) for awhile now but they are more difficult and time consuming to manufacture.
But those challenges have been overcome and shortly black faceplate 2238B,2285B and 2385 will be made!
Other models may be added later.

Bob

Nice of Bob to pinch hit to carry the pun along. :rolleyes:

Agreed, it might be easy to get 10 people to donate time, but we'd all sit around drinking beer. It's the guy who has the skills and then contributes (donate was just for beer drinkers) time who gets things done.

Tony is extremely busy and I have stepped up to the "plate" to help him out.
Currently the black laser etched 140,250M,1060,2220B,2230,2245,2250B,2270,2275,2325 and 4400 faceplates are the ones being produced.
I have been asking about the two piece faceplates(silver B units ) for awhile now but they are more difficult and time consuming to manufacture.
But those challenges have been overcome and shortly black faceplate 2238B,2285B and 2385 will be made!
Other models may be added later.

Bob
Hello bob I was wondering how could I order a black faceplate for a 2238b?

Back
Top Bottom