New Speaker Day! Klipsch Forte

Thejtl

I posted this over in the speaker forum, but then I saw this specialty forum, so I brought it over here!

Super loving these new additions. Right now I have them in the basement because they're maybe too much speaker for the upstairs family room. Sounding amazing through a new Pioneer AVR. Can't wait to hear what they sound like with my Accuphase E-202 when I get it down here over the weekend.

Klipsch Forte by thejtl, on Flickr

Fortes w/E-202 might be overwhelmingly fantastic... :yes:

Hopefully you can handle this without making a mess! :banana:

Fortes are my everyday drivers. They never fail to amaze. :thmbsp:

Yeah, I've been loving them so far. I wanted to listen on a more pedestrian system before I moved the E-202 to really be able to assess the differences. The pioneer isn't bottom of the line, it's somewhere in the middle, but it's not Elite. Should be an interesting test. Right now the Pioneer reveals the potential harshness of the Fortes at high volume, but the volume is also really sneaky. It can be pretty darn loud without seeming like it.

The lovely sound of the Forte' will with time become your new norm. When this happens do not look around for new speakers. Go to http://www.critesspeakers.com/ and purchase their after market crossover for your Forte' . You will be all in love again. For now enjoy what I consider one of vintage greats.

P.S. The rear woofer needs room to breath.

Thanks!

The speakers are about 18" out from...well, what's not exactly a wall right now. In the process of finishing the basement and haven't gotten the drywall up.

You did well young Padawan! Those Fortes look to be in excellent shape, certainly nicer than mine. I love the sound of mine, especially after dropping in new crossovers, tweeter & midrange diaphragms. My next job is to spruce up my cabinets. Enjoy that classic Klipsch sound.

Another lover of the Forte here. I had a pair a few years back and sold them.

A pair of Minty ones came up locally with Crites tweets and xovers, missed my old pair so much I grabbed them. Havent looked into the mids yet. IIRC dont they need a tweak in the xover, after installing mids?

I would love to hear your Accuphase E-202! One of a handful of vintage receivers I keep my eye open for, they seem to be well regarded.

I run mine on a 16 watt tube amp and LOVE them.

Those look very nice, great score!

BTW Hello from a fellow Iowan!

Even though I'm not a fan of Fortes I realize I'm in the small minority. Congratulation on your new speakers! Enjoy them. :yes:

cubdog

Just a word of caution against placing things on top of your speakers (like in your photo). The speaker cabinets vibrate and things standing on top of them will fret away at the finish. And definitely don't place anything containing moisture (like a plant) on them.
Fortes were one of the most highly reviewed Klipsch speakers made. I think they would be smart to put them back in production. They have about the same footprint as a Heresy, with much better low frequency extension due to the taller cabinet and passive radiator.
Congratulations!

Good time as any to re-post this...

:thmbsp:

Attachments

• ForteSR86p1.jpg
    ForteSR86p1.jpg
    172.1 KB · Views: 72
  • ForteSR86p2.jpg
    ForteSR86p2.jpg
    176.2 KB · Views: 55
^^Very cool! Thanks Frank Sol.

And congrats to the OP on your find. I have listened to dozens of speakers and Fortes are still in my living room. Have fun with them.

Congrats on the speakers. They will shine when paired with better electronics and pulled away from the wall. Enjoy!

Back
Top Bottom